Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: With the addition of four proven veterans and two stars from the Rose Bowl, the Titans roster has made a significant jump in talent. The result should be better competition at a number of positions. "We're looking for production, execution and minimizing mistakes," Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said. "Whether that's an old guy that can do it or a young guy that can do it, in a competitive situation we're going to go with the most productive guy. If we've got a veteran here who's struggling, it makes no sense to give him the benefit of the doubt if you've got a young guy that's right on his heels." This may mean a number of players will have to have big training camps in order to remain on the roster including CB Rich Gardner, DE Bo Schobel, DT Jared Clauss, RB Damien Nash and Jarrett Payton, and S Donnie Nickey.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

GOFIGURETITANS said:
I don't know what keep Nickey around. Maybe cuz he does special teams.

Reese gave Nickey a special mention on the radio the other as a player that knows his role and does a great job doing things on special teams to help the team win. (He was speaking in terms of alot of lower round picks and udfa that are used to being starters that have to find different ways to contribute in the NFL). I wish he was a better safety myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back