Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: A key factor in judging whether Chris Brown, Travis Henry or rookie LenDale White will the most playing time has to do with when they aren't touching the football -- especially on third down in passing situations. "The biggest thing a third-down running back has to have for us is the ability to pass block," running backs coach Sherman Smith said. "That’s when you get all the crazy defensive schemes. So first of all, you have to have a back who can pass block, who can recognize what they’re doing, give the quarterback time to throw the ball, and then have the ability to catch the ball." Currently, Brown is the team's best pass protector and, according to Smith, Henry and White need to improve their games in that area. "When we evaluate running backs, I think it’s real important to emphasize playing without the football," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "In order to be a complete back, you’ve got to be able to do both things, play with the ball and without the ball."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I never wanted to trade him, but I think he does have the most trade value. I'd like to see Payton cut and probably Nash as well.

face it he is our #1 back....why can't you accept that, hes better than travis henry and lendale white, lendale white will compliment Chris Brown

Titansfan10 said:
face it he is our #1 back....why can't you accept that, hes better than travis henry and lendale white, lendale white will compliment Chris Brown
I think they will compliment each other, LenDale's power and Brown's speed. Just like he did in college with Reggie Bush.

You will be suprized by Lendale's speed. I don't want to see Brown go, I just see it happening. I want to keep all of our backs. Just not gonna happen. The fact is ... he can't stay healty. I wish he could, he's a great kid.

Yep, they'll compliment each other.......until week 5. Then Brown will compliment White when he's tired.

Seriously, I really like Brown, and I think he has potential. But he doesn't really fit our system, and I think White is going to be very, very good. (He was predicted in the Top 10 before he tore his hamstring.) I can't wait see White (along with Young) playing this preseason.

What would be wrong with them both being good? The talk last year was how great it was going to be to have a one two punch with Brown and Henry---Turns out we didn't even have a one punch...let alone one two.

Personally, I'm thrilled to have White...He was outstanding in college...If he can somehow step that up the the NFL level, he will probably be the back who will last longer in the Titans style of offence.

Gunny said:
If we are going to play all 3 during the games, I wonder how the carries will split.
Do you think Henry is goin' to make it...I'm not sure...No doubt there was a time (not in Tennessee) When he was very good...I'm not sure if that time's coming back.

To be fair Henry was unfairly ousted in Buffalo.

But we did resign/pick up his option/extend his contract (one of them) so I would say he is staying.

Gunny said:
If we are going to play all 3 during the games, I wonder how the carries will split.
Though I think each will have their packages, Fisher said last year that he'll go with whoever is hot.

Gunny said:
I figured as much, I just pray they are all hot.

Amen...Having three healthy, capable backs each with his own style wouldn't hurt my feelings. Especially after watching a few games with no healthy, capable backs.

Henry has alot to prove (and make up for). I believe he will be awesome this year (when he plays). I see him getting frustrated with his lack of carries though because Lendale is gonna get most of his.

Brown will be the starter week 1. At some point in the first five weeks he'll get some minor nagging injury and White and Henry will get their shots. One of them will take off, and Brown won't get the majority of carries again. SOMEONE will step up, I'm not sure who it will be.

CB looses playing time because he is dinged pretty much every game. LW and TH and whoever else will not be kept on the bench because CB is an ironman hogging all the carries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back