Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't lose sleep over pre-season losses.

All I ask out of the pre-season is that they come out of it healthy (looks like Vince is okay). And, that they do manage to win at least one game. If only to establish some sort of winning attitude headed into the regular season.

Other than that, I have no real use for pre-season games.

what can I add... won everywhere but on the scorebord D looked good O looked good...I'm pumped Volek looked good..VY is something to see...I feel like we won.

RyansTitans said:
Do u think if that was a regular season game we would of beat them?

You bet.

Because even though they would have stayed with Reggie, we would have stayed with our regulars on offence and defence. And, I think that would have made that difference.

Because while we may have little depth. They have even less.

RyansTitans said:
Do u think if that was a regular season game we would of beat them?

No doubt...they got beat...they know it...and while White didn't play...he got one of his wishes...Bush got Tattooed by Pac

moose4now said:
I think that's when the coaches stop looking at the score ,too (in a win/loss perspective). After that it time to start evaluating what you've got.
I don't think the coaches ever look at a preseason game as anything else but evaluating talent.

Hoffa said:
All in all a good showing. First teams look better than last year.

O line did their part.

The D looks like the teams stonghold.

No major injuries.

Only one stupid Pacman penality, not many penalities for a 1st preseason game.

Special teams very good.

Backups look like backups.

I agree except for the penalty on Pacman... I actually didn't mind it at all... he got caught on the new rule change... I doubt he makes that mistake in the regular season. He was just "welcoming" Reggie to the league! Go get'em Pacman, Eat em UP! :logo: :lol:

Hoffa said:
I don't think the coaches ever look at a preseason game as anything else but evaluating talent.

I think they like to see how they're first team does against the other teams first team. And, so on.

moose4now said:
I think they like to see how they're first team does against the other teams first team. And, so on.
I agree. But they don't game plan to win the game. They do stuff they wouldn't do in a regular season game, just to see how it works. Like going for it on 4th down, etc.

By the way, the Bironas missed FG kick was a partial result of a bad snap. Hentrich had to reach up and behind him to get it. The words "...and Vince Young is down, holding his left ankle..." scared me to death! Thank goodness he is alright. Although, it's only preseason, I just hate to see reminents of last years pass coverage and fingertip tackles in the 2nd/3rd string.

I dread next weekend's game. I have a feeling that Cutler will tear our 2nd string secondary apart. Good game tonight.

Sukrillux said:
I dread next weekend's game.

There is absolutely no reason to ever dread the final score of a pre-season game.

The goal is for coaches to evaluate and for players to stay healthy.

That's all there is to 'em.

Hoffa said:
Man, it didn't take long (one series) for the VY doubter(s) to surface.

He's looking great for a rookie QB in his first preseason game.

wait for the 'experts' to tear it for him. How bad he was etc.

Gunny said:
wait for the 'experts' to tear it for him. How bad he was etc.

he wasn't bad nor good. He was what he should have been a rookie trying to learn a new system. I also think he found out this isn't college.

Ewker said:
he wasn't bad nor good. He was what he should have been a rookie trying to learn a new system. I also think he found out this isn't college.

yes but his only other playing counterpart tore it up in detroit don't forget.

If you watch the replay, you'll notice that Young showed no pain and stared down his crazy attempt at a pass until he realized how awful it was and then began clutching his ankle. Then he stood up on it just as the training crew mobbed him. Looks like he has a little veteran savvy already to me. :p

Anyways, I was really impressed with PacMan's play. I can deal with a little in your face action as long as he creates a reason to do it. He really played a great all around game and that's encouraging. Our first units looked pretty good all around. I wish we could get more pressure with our front four though. I kinda thought that would be our strength. I think our offensive line looked good. Our second and third teams played horrible, but there were a few positives. Roby looked outstanding. Randall looked pretty good.

Vince Young's outing wasn't that impressive. He made a couple of good plays and showed some decent wheels, but he made a lot of mistakes that he never made at Texas. The big thing I thought he did well was keeping his eyes downfield and really looking to pass first.

Reynaldo Hill has to play better than he did yesterday.

Let's all keep in mind that this was the Saints' defense. I'm happy that we could move the ball on them, but it doesn't really point to any future success we might have. It just proves that we're better than one of the worst teams in the league. We'll find out more later. I'm just happy to see the Titans play again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back