Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Though it's been a couple of seasons, LB Peter Sirmon will get some action on special teams this season. The reason for it is because, as middle linebacker, he leaves the field anytime the Titans go with a three cornerback package. "It's been a couple years. My third and fourth years I did punt and kickoff return the whole year," Sirmon said. "It comes back fast. I think it'll be part of my role and hopefully I'll get a little more involved because I know right now they are trying to look at all the younger players and see what they bring to the table. "I think that (special teams coach) Alan Lowry knows what I can and what I can't do. … I understand that linebackers are going to be special team players and I have no problem with that."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

ralph1.jpg

I'm Special

I wish we didn't have to play these guys on special teams but if thats what it takes to win thats what we have to do. Hopefully some of the young guys can step up and get the starters off special teams without any drop off if not do what we have to do. It looks like Coach Fisher is really going back to playing field position football, run the ball and eat the clock not very exciting but winning is and if is what it takes I'm for it.

I'm not too worried about injuries on STs. Sirmon hurt his knee in training camp in non contact drills a couple of years ago so injuries can happen at any time.

Soxcat said:
I'm not too worried about injuries on STs. Sirmon hurt his knee in training camp in non contact drills a couple of years ago so injuries can happen at any time.

And, they usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back