Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoT said:
I will try and be downtown at 1700 and meet at alpha for a brew

Probably wear my Bishop jersey

Good deal. I'll be there. I'll leave my Bishop at home so we don't confuse each other. I'll wear #20.

Sorry... LOL... on a serious note. I plan on meeting up with whoever wants to meet at the Crab Shack and then walking over together. I'll probably have whiskey instead of beer, so it doesn't really matter where I drink :drink:

Ewker, if you want to meet us somewhere over near the stadium instead, we can just hook up with you on the east side of the river.

Broken Record said:
Sorry... LOL... on a serious note. I plan on meeting up with whoever wants to meet at the Crab Shack and then walking over together. I'll probably have whiskey instead of beer, so it doesn't really matter where I drink :drink:

Ewker, if you want to meet us somewhere over near the stadium instead, we can just hook up with you on the east side of the river.

where do you guys park at. BTW I don't pay to park. parking=beer money

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
maddenmapquest.gif

we shall refer to the crab shack as rally point alpha.
I park on Middleton as indicated on the map above.
It is very easy for me to exit the interstate at 2nd Av (???) and put her down right there. Middleton affords me free parking... it is just before you start seeing the $10 parking at the lots. It is very near the radio station that carries the game call and is also nearby some sort of county sheriffs building that has a fenced lot. Of course Joes Crabshack is beneath the Shelby Pedestrian Bridge. It is a natural place to meet up because it is an ideal place to cross.

I just got back, I've covered about 6,000 miles the past 10 days. I've had no internet time while I've been gone. Just now trying to catch up with all the threads here.
I won't be at either Pre-season games, but would like to meet up during the regular season. I will give details then, as I have no idea where I'll be...or where I'm at now, for that matter...

Allright, sorry to stir up the preseason talks and then disappear for ten days. I had to go visit my sister in Santa Barbara. Beautiful place, and it really doesn't rain.

Anyway, for this preseason game, I have a parking pass. It's at home, but I'll see what lot it is tonight. Does that change meeting plans? I've got three buddies coming in for the game, so I may not be too incredibly early, but I'll definitely be early enough to down some brews to get revved up for this game. After 4 years at Tulane, selling beers at Saints' games to raise money for my crew team, I'm pumped to see the Saints again too.

To start more clearly, is this a meetup at the crab shack, or should I meet at the spot by the stadium since I'm parking there? How early are we talking. Kickoff is at 7, hmmmmm.... I'll be more around for planning this week now that I'm back.

GoTitans3801 said:
Allright, sorry to stir up the preseason talks and then disappear for ten days. I had to go visit my sister in Santa Barbara. Beautiful place, and it really doesn't rain.

Trust me it rains in SB. I went to college down there and it rains all of the time. But when it is nice oh man let me tell you. It should be really nice down there right now. Probably for another couple of months or so.

GoTitans3801 said:

Anyway, for this preseason game, I have a parking pass. It's at home, but I'll see what lot it is tonight. Does that change meeting plans? I've got three buddies coming in for the game, so I may not be too incredibly early, but I'll definitely be early enough to down some brews to get revved up for this game. After 4 years at Tulane, selling beers at Saints' games to raise money for my crew team, I'm pumped to see the Saints again too.

To start more clearly, is this a meetup at the crab shack, or should I meet at the spot by the stadium since I'm parking there? How early are we talking. Kickoff is at 7, hmmmmm.... I'll be more around for planning this week now that I'm back.

Sweeeeeeet!!

Sounds to me like those of us parking across the river should just meet up at the Shack and then march over to GT's high dollar parkin' spot. If we meet at the foot of the pedestrian bridge 2 hours prior to kickoff and then take our time getting across the bridge, we could meet up with GT in the stadium lot about 5:30 central... yays? nays?

Sounds good to me. I'm just mooching this parking pass/tickets off of my girlfriend's family since they're on vacation, so I'm not used to it. Once I check in and figure out which lot, are there particularly good areas? Is the rule just get as close to the stadium as I can? Anyone have tips on this? I think it's the lot on the east side, the side with the Gerst Haus.

let's be sure to exchange some cell phone numbers prior to the game.

I can be reached at (423) 645-6697 ...

that's Mrs. Bipolar's phone but I'll have it w/ me.

Gerst Haus rocks. I don't know that any spot is better than any other. I've never parked in the lots or knew anyone who did. Uncharted waters for me.

The best thing about Gerst Haus is that on sundays they have 1/2 priced fishbowls of draft beer. That's $1.75 per fishbowl. Sadly, it doesn't count on gamedays, but on other sundays it's a heck of a reason to go down there. Plus, greasy german sausage!

I'll PM my phone number to anyone who needs it. My understanding is that I'm parking, and the rest of you are coming to my car at 5:30? I can call one of the group with my parking location, and I'll rustle up a cooler for everyone's beers. Might even find a few fold up chairs so we can get off our feet.

Looks like we've got a plan!

5pm Central meetup at Joe's Crab Shack, bum beers off Jay - Broken Record, SEC, Ewker, GoT, are you in Puck?

5:30 - Hook up with GT and company in the parking lot

5:31 - As they say in Knoxville, commence to partying proper

I'll pitch in for 2 12 packs in the parking lot.
GT, I'll PM you with more info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back