Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
On my way to the stadium last night, I got to listening to 103.3 as usual. They were talking about the chances of Los Angeles getting an NFL team. They said that the teams that they could land could be, #1 San Diego, or, #2 Buffalo. Someone said that they could be an expansion team, but that there was not enough talent available. Not enough talent available? Dis anyone else hear this?

i didn't hear that
but i can see where an expansion wouldn't work
32 teams (4 teams / 8 divisions) works
36 could (6 teams / 6 divisions)
33 teams ? nope

and the talent pool isn't quite as desolate as they would claim
i'd say there's enough to fill another roster

Puck said:
and the talent pool isn't quite as desolate as they would claim
i'd say there's enough to fill another roster
I'm not sure, the last expansion team they added still hasn't even had a winning season yet.

Hoffa said:
I'm not sure, the last expansion team they added still hasn't even had a winning season yet.

i see your point
but it isn't due to lack of talent
they got some quality seasoned guys in the expansion draft

that FO has screwed it up for them

oh wait ..... are you talking Texans or Browns ?
doesn't matter - same answer

they've had as much opportunity to draft and FA dip as any of the rest of us

Starkiller said:
There's no way the NFL should expand again...
I agree, but they will. They are #$%# bent on making sure L.A gets a team. L.A has had, what, 2 teams in the past and they both stunk. I can't for the life of me understand what makes the NFL think another team will be any better. Its all about the :greedy:

LA will get a team, but it won't be through expansion. If I had to bet today, I'd say the Chargers will wind up there. Sucks as far as I'm concerned. LA doesn't seem to really even want a team, but you hear things like "Charger fans will still be able to see the team in LA."

LA is the second largest media market in the country, so they will get something. The problem with LA is (and always has been) that if the team is not a conference champion contender....nobody goes and ticket sales plummit. It happens evrywhere to some degree, but it is really bad in LA.

skitch said:
LA is the second largest media market in the country, so they will get something.
That's what I thought when they were first left without a team, but it's been years now and the NFL is flourishing without them just fine.

Hoffa said:
That's what I thought when they were first left without a team, but it's been years now and the NFL is flourishing without them just fine.
I agree completely. "If it ain't broke...." But the NFL seems to think the "have" to have a team in the 2nd largest market.????????
LA has an ego as well. It was the Anaheim Angels until they started to win, now it is the LA Angels of Anaheim, or something ridiculous like that.

...........to continue my post, they also mentioned a #3 team, New Orleans.
I did not realize that San Diego was having problems. Fans? Need of new stadium? Bad FO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back