Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starkiller said:
I know exactly what you mean. BUT HE CAN NOT RESTRUCTURE HIS CONTRACT! It's isn't mathematically possible based on a standard restructure. He can only take a paycut, which he doesn't have any intention of doing. Nor should he.

you know what i mean, replace restructure by paycut... LMAO

smili said:
I'm coming into this thread late, so this may have already been mentioned, but Seattle tried to match the deal Hutchinson got from Minnesota, but it was the deal that went to arbitration because of the "top paid lineman on the team" clause, and with Jones at LT Seattle couldn't match. The arbitrator said it was a legitimate clause despite Seattle matching the money, and Hutchinson had to take Minnesota's offer.

i've got a friend in seattle, who writes for the post-intelligence (not a sports writer tho), who tells me the seahawks only said they would try to match the offer just to save face. i don't really think they wanted to tie up $15 million on two offensive linemen

Starkiller said:
It's stupid to say that McNair is selling out. The Titans have complete control of the situation. He is at their mercy at this point. He can't sign with anyone he wants. He can't force the Titans to either trade or cut him. He can't currently work out with his current team. And he can't get them to guarantee that they will keep him without taking a below-market-value paycut.

All he wants is to keep playing, and the Titans have already drafted his replacement. If the Titans don't want to keep him longterm, then why shouldn't he prefer a team that does want him longterm?
Why is this so hard for many to understand?

And it's pathetic to see how the Titans try to spin it.

TitanJeff said:
Why is this so hard for many to understand?
Because being the "common folk" that we are, we think that someone who has had his pockets stuffed with guaranteed money by management and his *** kissed by the rest of the city for 10 years, would be willing to take a hometown discount and retire a hero.

We'll never learn.

flamehead2 said:
This post makes absolutely no sense :)
First you post proof the media can't be trusted (dewy beats truman) then you use the media to confirm that Underwood didn't tell Cook until after McNair had been told to go home :)
Which IMO proves what I said is just as reliable as all the other CRAP that's been floated around about this situation.
I'm just one of those kind of people "You're either with us or against us" don't take it personal or anything. To me it's pretty obvious Mac wants out. It's not about money, he's a multi-millionare after all. It's not about playing time either because whether he stays or goes this is his last year as a starter. So what does that leave? IMO EGO. That's all else i see it could be. Mcnair probably calls it pride but pride is really just dilluted Ego
:applause: :thumb:
It has been reported both ways and yes, the media is sometimes wong. But oh, wait............Bus Cook must be right because we all know a sports agent would never lie! lol!

SHI7- Money, Money, Money........Moneeey, Moneeey

Bottom line is they want their money and they want it now. Can't blame them, however, if Steve were smart he'd realize he'd make more off Nashville's goodwill if he stayed. He's throwing that away.

Brian said:
Because being the "common folk" that we are, we think that someone who has had his pockets stuffed with guaranteed money by management and his *** kissed by the rest of the city for 10 years, would be willing to take a hometown discount and retire a hero.

We'll never learn.
What fantasy land do you live in? ;)

Think about it a sec. If McNair did what the Bus did (Jerome and not Cook), take the cut and say, "I'll give you all I have for '06 and help Vince as his backup in '07 then fade away", he'd be forever a hero around here. They might build a statue of him on the banks of the Cumberland.

I'd love it. I might rename my kid "Number 9".

But is that realistic? It's about both opportunity and reward. If the Titans had one or the other on their side, I'd give this a chance of happening.

I think the decade-long loyalty lovefest was pretty much out the window the day the team decided to lock the door on him.

TitanJeff said:
What fantasy land do you live in? ;)
He lives next door to me in Woolfolkisashutdowncornerville, USA.

Decade long love fest?:ha:

Kiss my Butt Steve McNair.

btw- Riverman makes the best point.:greedy:

TitanJeff said:
If McNair did what the Bus did (Jerome and not Cook), take the cut and say, "I'll give you all I have for '06 and help Vince as his backup in '07 then fade away", he'd be forever a hero around here. They might build a statue of him on the banks of the Cumberland.

I'd love it. I might rename my kid "Number 9".

But is that realistic?
Apparently it is for guaranteed Hall of Famers (Bettis), but not declining hangers-on looking to compile HOF-worthy stats (George).

bottom line is......mac wants to play 2-3 more years and make more money....the FO is only offering one @ the most and if it was multiple years the money would be spread out unlike the offer from balt plus the arrival of VY he'll start in 2007 almost guaranteed.....plain and simple....but hey you never something might get worked out....

Brian said:
Apparently it is for guaranteed Hall of Famers (Bettis), but not declining hangers-on looking to compile HOF-worthy stats (George).
But George was done, IMO, where McNair has the POTENTIAL to be an effective player another 2-3 years.

TitanJeff said:
But George was done, IMO, where McNair has the POTENTIAL to be an effective player another 2-3 years.

George had the double whammy. The hit by Lewis :cuss: and he was on the cover of Madden which only one person has survived.

Brian said:

George is 16th overall in nfl history for rushing yards and a 4 time pro bowler. He is going to the Hall. Maybe not first pass but to the hall.

BlazingArrow#9 said:
George is 16th overall in nfl history for rushing yards and a 4 time pro bowler. He is going to the Hall. Maybe not first pass but to the hall.

Wanna bet? Ten years ago those numbers would have been enough, but the laws have changed.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/release.jsp?release_id=1984

How many of these guys have less than a 4 YPC average??? The answer is three, and two of them were 3.9. I love Eddie, but he's a longshot at best to make the hall.

Top 30 in rushing TDs and top 30 in yards from scrimmage.

He will go. Not his first chance but will go when a weak group is presented.

Eddie was a HOF-type RB for 5 years. But then Terrell Davis was even better for 4 years. Both of them were terrible following reconstructive surgeries, and neither of them will ever be in the Pro Football HOF.

Brian said:

We'll never learn.

Tell that to Marcus Allen or Rod Woodson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back