Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlazingArrow#9 said:
I would be surprised if Carr does not top his sack performance of last season.

I would be surprised if any Titans "back" gets more than 700 yards rushing.

Man it's fun to make completely baseless post. No wonder SOME people like to do it so often

Overalls said:

Man it's fun to make completely baseless post. No wonder SOME people like to do it so often

Shouldn't you be off somewhere giving Marie Toe Williams a pedicure?

Vigsted said:
but they still have David "Run for your life" Carr and a pathetic O-line, I'm not so sure they will have as much success as the WR duo should warrant.
uh... since we have an apparent thread jacking to the
Texans O-line as the thread focal point :crazy:
I'll just throw this out there.

In Indy-Houston series...:coltssuk:

Houston Texans are the first team since 1928 that
a team has gone through the first six games without
ever leading in any of those games.

:bs:

Seems the Texans have never led let alone beat the Colts...
not that it matters...
but we aren't in a thread about the Texans pathetic O-line either.
This ain't about our pathetic O-line...
It's about our pathetic receiver corp
so just take those bunk rankings and run with it...
no one cares who Houston took in the draft to
improve it's pathetic O-line anyways.:boom:

Yeah it's a thread about the Titans pathetic WRs. Don't change the subject to that pathetic Texans team.

Although they are still going to sweep the Titans

We're having fun now!

pathetic Texans team.. (snicker, snicker)

Texans O-line is still pathetic... draft picks or no draft picks.

<--click this

Overalls said:

completely baseless? How do you figure. The Texans are starting 2 rookie O-lineman’s which i stated in my post. Just because you choose not to read the entire post does not make what I said baseless.

Just because you are a homer for a team who touts a season of 7-9 as being an example of there greatness does not mean you have any football knowledge at all. You are making a pretty baseless accusation to say 2 3rd round draft picks will pick up the the game and improve a line that in the last 4 seasons has given up the #1 and #2 most sacks ever. Give me one example of a team that has brought in two rookies on there line and not struggled in the pass or run game?

.... ???? ..... right.

Quality draft picks or not they are still two rookies being thrown to the lions.

Since you missed it, here is the line prior to the one you decided to pick out of my last post. Hunting and pecking which you seem pretty good at does not work in typing and it does not work in posting. It just makes you look weak and like you can not read.

Look
1) we are NOT starting 2 rookie O-lineman as of now.

2) The other changes that have been made have been pointed out MANY, MANY times.

3) Just year before last we gave up less than 40 sacks

4) Why do you keep changing the subject.

fltitan said:
At times last year we had receivers open down the field but McNair chose to dump it to a TE. I think part of that was his lack of coinfidence in anyone other than Bennett, part was not getting his timing down with the new receivers and part the OL. It also makes the stats look good and makes for a much better QB rating. I'm a (was before he became a Raven) McNair fan but part of the problem was him, I'm not blaming him but to many times he didnt try to make the tight throw down the field.

I agree completly, now we will both be banished - lol

looks like McMVP had 12m reasons for playing in such a selfish manner

How badly is the cows DDavis gurting????? I heard a snippet on the radio as I was comming into work

Overalls said:
Look
1) we are NOT starting 2 rookie O-lineman as of now.

The Texans picked up 2 high quality draft picks, a good back up, an old center and a complete overhall of system.

So your huge changes are a "good backup", and "old center" and a complete overhaul of a system that gave up 68 sacks. So of all of that your starting group picked up an old center and a new system? :hmm:

2) The other changes that have been made have been pointed out MANY, MANY times.

and it is different then the stuff you said in your other post?

3) Just year before last we gave up less than 40 sacks

the year Carr did not start the entire season?

4) Why do you keep changing the subject.

My 1st Post

Have you made one on topic post in this thread? No.

I believe that is checkmate my bovine friend? :winker:

I disagree with the premise that playing Troupe outside indicates weakness at WR. I'm thinking Troupe goes to the slot because he's going to cause huge mis-match problems, and we have two other good TE who can also be on the field. It's as much about the strength/quality of our TE that we want to get them all on the field. Poor reciever performance last year was also a function of everyone being hurt.

We don't have a true #1. Drew and Givens make a decent set of wideouts, and I have confidence that Roby or Roydell or Wade can step in to be their game this year to be a contributor when needed. (I'm assuming Brandon Jones will be out this year - or if used only sparingly).

smili said:
I disagree with the premise that playing Troupe outside indicates weakness at WR. I'm thinking Troupe goes to the slot because he's going to cause huge mis-match problems, and we have two other good TE who can also be on the field.
I think you're dead on here. Troupe brings something unique to the game and it would be insane to pour him into some established TE mold when the Titans should be taking advantage of his skills. Chow needs to find ways to utilize Troupe by creating as many mismatches as he can. You want to use a corner? Then get ready for him to use his size to get open and break tackles after the catch. How bout a LB? The the speed and athleticism will get you.

smili said:
I disagree with the premise that playing Troupe outside indicates weakness at WR. I'm thinking Troupe goes to the slot because he's going to cause huge mis-match problems, and we have two other good TE who can also be on the field. It's as much about the strength/quality of our TE that we want to get them all on the field.

I agree, I think this is more of attempt by the coaches to get the hugely talented Troupe more involved in the offense rather than an indictment of a receiving corps that is perhaps a little weaker than we all would like. I’m sure there’s at least some frustration that the glimpses of greatness that Troupe has tantalized them with, hasn’t as of yet, manifested itself into consistent production.

Trading Chris Brown to Denver for Ashley Lelee would be more of an indication of the team's dissatisfaction with the way the WR's are progressing. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

With just 4 days of training camp and zero preseason games under their belt I would think a lot these perceived problems at wideout will resolve themselves as a couple of the younger guys step up over the next few weeks. Perhaps that’s wishful thinking, but it’s August and damn it, I choose to be wishful :smile:

Well, how many true #1 receivers can you can find in this league today? In my mind there are very few true #1 receivers these days. Offences have become good at spreading the ball around eliminating the need for a #1 receiver.

Just look at arguably one of the best passing teams the last 5 years, the Patriots, they have/had a bunch of #2 and #3 receivers but no #1.

Here's the thing. Most of use see what the Titans had last season (Bennett in his first years as the #1, gimpy Calico, three rookies) and this unit looks dramatically improved with the addition of Givens, Wade and the rookies with a year under their belts). But they remain unproven especially from a consistency standpoint though the potential is clearly there.

Bobo said:
I think we could all live with 3 Super Bowl rings and no #1 WR ;) Or even a dominant RB for that matter.

True dat!:ha:

If Troupe can make a presence for himself with his hands this season, it should help our receiver core immensely. With Troupe, Bennett, and Givens; Volek should have allot of solid options. If he can make the reads fast enough and stay on his feet we should really not need a typical #1 receiver to function as a solid passing unit.

If Troupe can make a presence for himself with his hands this season, it should help our receiver core immensely...

They were dissing Troupe in The Tennessean for a "bad drop" yesterday. I hope he gets good at the slant. Man o man- the possibilities.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back