Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Just wanted to say thanks to Steve, for putting his heart and soul on the line for this team. He helped lead us along with Eddie to our only Super Bowl appearance. Despite the recent events, as far as I am concerned you will forever be one of the greatest players to put on the Titans Uni. Thanks for the memories, and one day hopefully all of this will be in the past and you can retire with your rightful team the Titans.

:cry: yeah... thanks Steve. We have loved you for a long time now. This is all for the best. It is what is best for you and it is what is best for us.
Nevermore Lenore.

I'll give those kinds of thanks to Steve after he's been out of the game a few years.

He (or his brain Bus Cook) decided to leave and chase the allmightier dollar in Baldermore (of all places),
so as of today,
he's no better than the rest of the scum that takes orders from Butthead Billick.

Hoffa said:
I'll give those kinds of thanks to Steve after he's been out of the game a few years.

He (or his brain Bus Cook) decided to leave and chase the allmightier dollar in Baldermore (of all places),
so as of today,
he's no better than the rest of the scum that takes orders from Butthead Billick.

This is a thread thanking him for everything he's given this team. I think he deserves a little more respect than that.

Hoffa said:
Well, I don't.

This is a business. Hurt feelings or bitterness for going to a rival team (who we traded him too, so you might have misguided bitterness IMO) shouldn't overshadow how great he was for this franchise.

Yeah cut him sum slack the left his blood all over the feild he was dedicated and loved the fans, all he did was take the money h=it had become personal since we turned him away and now he is just looking to still play, he thinks he is still able to play competitvly and so do the ravens.

Like I said, I'll give him those thanks AFTER he leaves the game.
He's no different than the other ratbirds to me. That's my opinion, I'm entitled to it, the same as anyone else.

PaCmAn 4 MvP32 said:
Yeah cut him sum slack the left his blood all over the feild he was dedicated and loved the fans, all he did was take the money h=it had become personal since we turned him away and now he is just looking to still play, he thinks he is still able to play competitvly and so do the ravens.

Agreed, except for the dedicated part. I dislike the Colts, but I have to say that they have a dedicated QB. McNair should have practiced more with the team. I know that he was hurt sometimes, but look at Vanden Bosch's work ethic. If McNair doesn't even feel like showing up for practices, he shouldn't have been playing in the following games for those respected weeks. Yeah, I know, that would have gone over great with the fans and FO. Anyway, I feel that Steve will always be a Titan at heart. He will probably live in Nashville after his football career is over like so many other ex-Titans. He was the face of the franchise and deserves all of the props for getting the Titans to their only Super Bowl as well as the playoff runs. Titans fans will miss the #9 jersey behind center. You gave us some great memories and some emotional comeback wins in times when the world (and the officiating squad :brow: ) was against us. Good Luck in Baltimore... You will need it when you face us. Air McNair is a Titan nevermore. :cry: I think I'm gonna be sick...

I won't forget today. Ever. Today one of the most magical and wonderful sports stories of my life comes to an end. A strange painful end. Change can be good, I just don't like this change.
But my strained feelings aside I would like to wish Steve McNair and his new team luck this season. He is my favorite player, and has been for longer than I can remember clearly. I will still cheer for him even in that ugly, ugly, hated, uniform. Not against the Titans, but if he shows up in centennial park to play checkers, I would cheer for him to win then too.
I'm all over the place on this one but I would be remiss if I didn't say the following. Steve, Thanks for the td pass to Erron in Pitt. when you came off the bench for the win. Thanks for the day the offense stunk and you guys kicked 5 field goals to beat the eagles in philly. Thanks for the day you beat the Giants, the playoff wins against Jax, Balt, and Pitt. Thanks for smiling. Thanks for the Super Bowl. Thanks for the silly frat sign you throw up after scores (no offense meant to Omega Phi Si). Thanks for collecting swords. Thanks for being yourself. And thank you for helping a son and mother spend some very memorable moments together.
Good luck and godspeed.
Life and sports are about more than statistics. They are about memories and I now have a liftime of great Titan/Mcnair memories to keep me comfort. And like so many have others have already said, Thanks Steve.

Hoffa said:
Well, I don't.
In this thread, I do.

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'

You must leave now, take what you need, you think will last.
But whatever you wish to keep, you better grab it fast.
Yonder stands your orphan with his gun,
Crying like a fire in the sun.
Look out the saints are comin' through
And it's all over now, Baby Blue.
Leave your stepping stones behind, something calls for you.
Forget the dead you've left, they will not follow you.
The vagabond who's rapping at your door
Is standing in the clothes that you once wore.
Strike another match, go start anew
And it's all over now, Baby Blue.

PaCmAn 4 MvP32 said:

we turned him away because he and his agent rebuffed our request for taking a pay cut to help the team get under the cap. when we decided to draft young, and even prior to that, the team's perspective all along was to have young learn behind steve for a year or two. and in order to do that we needed steve to make less of a cap hit than the slightly less than 23% he was bound to make this year. but steve and his bedbuddy decided that money was what it was all about and he suddenly wasn't interested in grooming a young QB, which he says he's good friends with. nice friend you are steve. so by showing you are not loyal to the franchise that gave you the chance to be the player you are, and the fans that put up with your mistakes for 3-4 years, this is all you deserve. you deserve to get boo'ed outta LP Field when you step on it. And our D will step on you. Man what a short-term memory you have steve. last i checked you waited two years behind crystal chandelier before you got your shot. so vince young doesn't deserve that? all i can say is good riddance, and hope you don't make the playoffs...

Sledge said:
we turned him away because he and his agent rebuffed our request for taking a pay cut to help the team get under the cap. when we decided to draft young, and even prior to that, the team's perspective all along was to have young learn behind steve for a year or two. and in order to do that we needed steve to make less of a cap hit than the slightly less than 23% he was bound to make this year. but steve and his bedbuddy decided that money was what it was all about and he suddenly wasn't interested in grooming a young QB, which he says he's good friends with. nice friend you are steve. so by showing you are not loyal to the franchise that gave you the chance to be the player you are, and the fans that put up with your mistakes for 3-4 years, this is all you deserve. you deserve to get boo'ed outta LP Field when you step on it. And our D will step on you. Man what a short-term memory you have steve. last i checked you waited two years behind crystal chandelier before you got your shot. so vince young doesn't deserve that? all i can say is good riddance, and hope you don't make the playoffs...

Hey we are thanking steve in this thread so if u hate him so much then go make a "i hate steve forever" thread and get u r facts straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back