Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
18 winning seasons in 46 years. This guy is not exactly a football genius. When bud speaks nobody should listen.

The success of this franchise has only been by chance. In 46 years you are bound to hire the right people to have a winner 39% of the time; anyone can do that. Even the idiot irsay's were smart enough to hire polian after years of losing.

Where's the anger? I'm let down... I came for the sermon from the pulpit and I feel like I was just asked if I wanted fries with that. C'mon!

fitantitans said:
Are any of the Rooney's looking for a job?

Pretty dang impressive when you look at the last fourteen years.

10 out of 14 years were Playoff years

6 out of the last 12 years featured AFC Championship Games

2 Superbowl appearances

1 Superbowl win

Thats how you run a Franchise. I lost count of how many big time Free agents they have lost over the years.

They were 9-7 in 2000, so thats just 3 out of the last Fourteen years without a winning record.

Bud is rightly in the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame.
A thread like this would never have been started by a true Tennessee Titan football fan. I hope he revokes your PSL's if you have any.

Hoffa said:
Bud is rightly in the Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame.
A thread like this would never have been started by a true Tennessee Titan football fan. I hope he revokes your PSL's if you have any.
oh damn... wait a minute... I forgot. I'm a Steeler fan! :lol3:

Yvette said:
Its probably the only thing he's paid for in this town :))
The Titans charity foundation, and Bud from his own pocket, has paid for A LOT of things in this town and state that would never have benefited had he not decided to move his team here.

Hoffa said:

owned.jpg

Hoffa said:
The Titans charity foundation, and Bud from his own pocket, has paid for A LOT of things in this town and state that would never have benefited had he not decided to move his team here.
Thats absolutely true and I still reserve the right to question his motives.

I think the majority of the credit should go to the volunteers and hardworking employees of the foundation; they are the ones who truly make an impact in the community.

RollTide said:
18 winning seasons in 46 years. This guy is not exactly a football genius. When bud speaks nobody should listen.

The success of this franchise has only been by chance. In 46 years you are bound to hire the right people to have a winner 39% of the time; anyone can do that. Even the idiot irsay's were smart enough to hire polian after years of losing.
Bud Adams and Lamar Hunt created the AFC in the basement of Hunts house... which then became a merger that created todays NFL. It's safe to say Adams legacy and his place in the H.O.F aren't tarnished or questioned.

Titanpride said:
It's safe to say Adams legacy and his place in the H.O.F aren't tarnished.
I'm with you 100%. He certainly has a ton of screw ups in his lifetime but he also has a ton of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back