Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So the A/C in my car died yesterday, and I've got a nice 4 hour drive scheduled for today. Not sure what I'm looking forward to more, four hours sitting in a sweltering black car or dropping a grand or so at my local auto mechanic's to have the A/C fixed.

Let the sweating commence!

Perhaps "sweating" should become an Olympic sport. I think I'd do well in the men's 15 minute freestyle sweatoff.

Im at 104 right now... had to drive today an 18 year old Land Rover to be revised, and damm, was it hot. Oil temp was in the beginning of the red "range". Man I was scared the thing would blow.

Ewker said:
I never use my AC when driving in town or on the interstate. Just roll those windows down and let the air in.
That's less fuel efficient than using the AC, at least above about 40 mph...

Ewker said:
I never use my AC when driving in town or on the interstate. Just roll those windows down and let the air in.

Starkiller said:
That's less fuel efficient than using the AC, at least above about 40 mph...

the heat while driving doesn't bother me. I am not doing it to save fuel. It just feels better than driivng all couped up.

Aerodynamics

Mythbusters did a show on it, but they had to drive at like 35mph cause the SUVs could not handle the turns any faster.

bottom line, roll'em up and turn on the AC at highway speed, and roll'em down and enjoy the wind rushing thru your hair for city driving, at least as far as fuel effeciency goes. I keep my windows up and turn on the AC to get the mail, well not really but If I am driving the AC is on.

still very hot here now and its 10:30 at night. i have to wipe off my keyboard every 5 min because im sweating so much and my computer's cpu temp is 72 Degrees celsius (161 degrees fahrenheit WOW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back