Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Though it might escalate to a third, let's look at how Reese has done with fourth-round picks the last decade up to 2003:

DE Kendrick Burton
T Jon Runyan
WR Derrrick Mason
DE Pratt Lyons
DT Joe Salave'a
S Brad Ware
CB Donald Mitchell
S Bobby Myers
LB Peter Sirmon
WR Justin McCareins
CB Mike Echols
CB Tony Beckham
LB Rocky Boiman
DT Rien Long

We have some a few really good players in that mix along with some duds but the majority were productive. Any chance to get something for McNair is better than nothing and you can bet whoever Reese takes with the pick will be part of a Titans trivia question.

Unless we trade it to Detroit for two 5th rounders and a 7th, then the trivia question will get a little big tougher. :ha:

I am glad also to see us get something instead of nothing. Like Eddie before him, I wished they both would have taken less and stayed. Thus they could have retired as the best in the NFL, a Titan. Now the "when will Vince take over" rumors will start. Thanks Steve for the memories.

Productive you must be crazy

How can you say those 4th rounders are productive in comparison to Mac. Those are ghosts of Xmas past most of them hardly broke the starting line up.
Bad situation bad draft pick. Runyan and Mason 2 for 14 not a good percentage.

I still find it hard to believe that we couldn't get at least a third rounder for Mac. I gues it's better than nothing but seems kind of crappy to me.

3rd round picks from 1995 to 2005 - actually a pretty good crew. No Derrick Masons in there (yet).

2005 Courtney Roby WR Indiana
2005 Brandon Jones WR Oklahoma
2004 Randy Starks DT Maryland
2004 Rich Gardner CB Penn State
2003 Chris Brown RB Colorado
2002 Rocky Calmus MLB Oklahoma
2001 Shad Meier TE Kansas State
2000 Erron Kinney TE Florida
2000 Byron Frisch DE Brigham Young
1999 Zach Piller G Florida
1998 Dainon Sidney CB Ala.-Birmingham
1997 Denard Walker CB Louisiana State
1997 Scott Sanderson T Washington State
1996 Terry Killens OLB Penn State
1995 Chris Sanders WR Ohio State
1995 Rodney Thomas RB Texas A&M
1995 Torey Hunter DB Washington State

I think whoever we get willl be better than McNair. McNair on the squad would only hinder Vince's progress as an NFL Quarterback. He would be playing later because mcnair has a phat contract, etc. You have to look at the bright side.

Giving McNair up for a 4th and freeing 9 million in CAP room was well worth it. When we consider the vets we don't have to cut and possibly a vet or two we might still be able to sign after the rookies are on board the trade was well worth it.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
Broken Record, I was the one that went on record as saying there would be no trade. Well, to my delight, I was wrong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2377267

this is what a fourth rounder can get you these days.:rolleyes:

I think we got reamed.
Still, can't complain.
Beats the heck out of being right.

I'm glad this is kinda over.

I'm with you. I really thought we'd hold on to Mac until the middle of July just to screw with the rat turds and end up cutting him for nothing. I'm kind of surprised that they wouldn't give up the 4th on draft day. Makes them look stupid in my opinion. I suppose, though, there is something to the argument that a 4th this year is worth more than a 4th next year... but not much.

Vigsted said:
Ravens only offered a 5th before the draft.

Exactly. And the Titans wanted a 4th, which leads to the question "why would the Ravens give up a 4th now, but not on draft day when it would have been of more benefit to them?" They obviously would have liked to have had this situation settled sooner rather than later.

There are only two possible answers.

1. Ravens caved in and decided a 4th was worth it to end all this mess.

2. Ravens were willing to deal next year's 4th, but not this year's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back