Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans draft pick Rashad Weaver charged with allegedly assaulting woman after argument

The incident that sparked the alleged assault started a few minutes before the punch reportedly happened. According to the police report, the same officers who found the woman in the street had separated her and Weaver at a bar while they were having a fight five minutes earlier. The details of the dispute are unknown, but the woman later told police that she'd thrown her drink on Weaver during the course of the argument.

that says they were there in the bar separating them 5 minutes before the "punch" happened.

As far as the "injuries consistent with a punch"

maybe it wasnt a punch, maybe it was more a heel of the palm slap to the side of the head. that doesnt leave a punch injury but it is certainly enough to knock a woman to the ground and give her a concussion.

really it will depend on the "witness". if the witness is a bystander who saw it happen, then he will be screwed. If it is a friend of the "victim" then he might have a chance.
The heel of the palm is still very strong. Any kind of punch, slap, or even a love-tap that is strong enough to knock you down is strong enough to leave a mark/ swelling. Especially coming from a 270 pound man. Maybe he shoved her, in which case, she's embellishing the truth.

I'm not defending or accusing him. Not enough evidence yet. I'll jus say, just because we say something doesn't mean we're willing to do it.

If the accusations are true, in today's technological age, I'm sure the proper evidence will surface.

The heel of the palm is still very strong. Any kind of punch, slap, or even a love-tap that is strong enough to knock you down is strong enough to leave a mark/ swelling. Especially coming from a 270 pound man. Maybe he shoved her, in which case, she's embellishing the truth.

I'm not defending or accusing him. Not enough evidence yet. I'll jus say, just because we say something doesn't mean we're willing to do it.

If the accusations are true, in today's technological age, I'm sure the proper evidence will surface.
The detailed report I saw says he grabbed her by the throat and shoved her. That is what is in the actual police report. Mostly lazy reporters saying she was punched. Apparently 1 witness says she was punched and 1 says she was not. Her own claim is the throat shove.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a lot of people here coming out to say they would take Tyreke Hill if the Chiefs cut him

I just remember saying I would not visit or watch or support the Titans if they did and quite a few took exception to that and thought I was nuts (assuming the accusations were true) Same for kid beater Peterson

We dont know a lot of what happened here. His words to the cops about a man defending himself also makes it look a lot worse but in some situations, i could understand that mentality

That doesn't mean that you Ray Rice a woman that comes after you but since everyone is playing what ifs, here's one.

Outside arguing and she's is all in his face. He extends his arm to put distance between him and she trips. She falls down and gets a concussion

Thats a much different situation than him going out, punching her in the face, and giving her a concusison.

I would think that an athlete would be able to throw a hard enough punch, or even slap to leave a mark. From what I read, if accurate, police found no evidence of such a punch or slap

His comments about "a man can defend himself" just looks horrible after an accusation like this

I'm not defending or chastising him either way until we get more info.

In most cases, there is no reason to hit a woman. In the cases where I, personally, would all boil down to circumstances

In most cases, a man should be able to stop a woman but there's always those beasts. In high school, I knew a woman that id put my money on over a ton of the guys I knew.
Gender equality baby!!!

joking aside, you absolute called it right with how people reacted with Hill, same as how people reacted to Vick (after jail) and Simmons is another prime example, if the player helps the team win, his off the field transgressions will be overlooked by fans in general.
Not buying the age thing either for Simmons. That’s a BS excuse. He had zero issues hitting a woman and got caught at a young age. He doesn’t get caught then, he likely gets caught later, his age and “maturity” had nothing to do with it. It’s very possible he’d still do it, but hopefully the backlash from his first run in was the lesson he needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all about due process and letting the truth come out. But if true, the outrage should be substantially higher on what he did, vs what Simmons did.
I don't know about you but I was taught from an early age to not hit a girl--years before I was Simmons' age. So I don't think the two are as different as you if Weaver did it but that's fine.

What I do know is how 95% of these situations turn out as I've already mentioned.

The detailed report I saw says he grabbed her by the throat and shoved her. That is what is in the actual police report. Mostly lazy reporters saying she was punched. Apparently 1 witness says she was punched and 1 says she was not. Her own claim is the throat shove.
It was dark and all involved had probably been drinking. It'll all need to play out.

I don't know about you but I was taught from an early age to not hit a girl--years before I was Simmons' age. So I don't think the two are as different as you if Weaver did it but that's fine.

What I do know is how 95% of these situations turn out as I've already mentioned.
Well, the difference to me is.. You have the one guy who is caught up in the moment, things escalate and they make a mistake. A mistake that they own and apologize for and wish it never happened.

then on the other hand you have a "I'll whip a girls ass" kinda guy. Who actually takes pride in it.

now IF (AND THE KEYWORD IS IF) the police report is right, and this knucklehead was bragging about hitting women to the police, before the incident took place, that makes him a "I'll WHIP A GIRLS ASS" kinda piece of crap, not a "oh crap what did I do" kinda of reaction.

You know, the kind that slams a girl down and takes off and leaves her on the ground kinda hero.

Well, the difference to me is.. You have the one guy who is caught up in the moment, things escalate and they make a mistake. A mistake that they own and apologize for and wish it never happened.

then on the other hand you have a "I'll whip a girls ass" kinda guy. Who actually takes pride in it.
There's a lot of assumptions going on in these statements.

Gender equality baby!!!

joking aside, you absolute called it right with how people reacted with Hill, same as how people reacted to Vick (after jail) and Simmons is another prime example, if the player helps the team win, his off the field transgressions will be overlooked by fans in general.
Not buying the age thing either for Simmons. That’s a BS excuse. He had zero issues hitting a woman and got caught at a young age. He doesn’t get caught then, he likely gets caught later, his age and “maturity” had nothing to do with it. It’s very possible he’d still do it, but hopefully the backlash from his first run in was the lesson he needed.
That's a deep reach. People can definite mature and evolve, weather they get caught or not.

(Different situation, but the premise is the same) That cop in Columbus needed clear cut, body cam video to write him off...

If there's no video, and your key witnesses outside the parties involved are cancelling each other out with polar oppsite HE SAID, SHE SAID's -- then the police report & investigation will be the largest portion, and must be taken as truth.

You want to accuse someone of physical abuse, you better have evidence on top of evidence.

(Different situation, but the premise is the same) That cop in Columbus needed clear cut, body cam video to write him off...

If there's no video, and your key witnesses outside the parties involved are cancelling each other out with polar oppsite HE SAID, SHE SAID's -- then the police report & investigation will be the largest portion, and must be taken as truth.

You want to accuse someone of physical abuse, you better have evidence on top of evidence.
Unless you're a woman.

I dont know if the witnesses are cancelling each other out. One said they saw the "punch" the other said they saw the woman fall to the ground. That isnt the same as saying "he didnt touch her". That could be saying I missed what happened, turned just in time to see her hitting the ground.

I am sure that will all be sorted out eventually. One way or the other.

I dont know if the witnesses are cancelling each other out. One said they saw the "punch" the other said they saw the woman fall to the ground. That isnt the same as saying "he didnt touch her". That could be saying I missed what happened, turned just in time to see her hitting the ground.

I am sure that will all be sorted out eventually. One way or the other.
The victim says he grabbed her throat and pushed her down. The “punch” part isn’t coming from her so it doesn’t matter what the others think they saw. She never claimed to be punched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back