Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so superstitous (sp) about things like this, I can't even say what's on my mind.

I do hope they sign him so he can stay with the team, emphasis on team.

KVB, Titans Nearing Deal

SUMMARY: According to FoxSports.com, the Titans are closing in on a deal within the next 24-48 hours which will keep DE Kyle Vanden Bosch in Tennessee with a four-year contract valued at $15 million in guaranteed money. He made $540,000 in salary this past season on the way to 12 1/2 sacks. Slated to become an unrestricted free agent in March, he just returned from his first Pro Bowl where he recorded two sacks. At the time of this report, the Titans had not confirmed a deal was close.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

nigel said:
fantastic news! I knew he was gonna make some dough, but $15 mil is a huge chunk of change!

According to the radio this is the CAP hit if McNair signs a $1mil roster bonus and recieves his contracted salary, about $9mil + the other bonus monies throughout his career that will count against the CAP this season.... hmmmmmm

Four-year contract valued at $15 million in guaranteed money doesn't seem outrageous. If he keeps playing anywhere near his last season he could be a bargain.

I just worry about giving that kind of money to a guy coming off 2 torn ACLs, even if he did have a great year. He should be worth it if he can stay healthy.

We'll have to wait and see how big the contract is. $15M in guaranteed money seems like a lot based on the normal ratio of guaranteed money vs. total contract. But with the current CBA situation, he may be getting more guaranteed money and less unguaranteed since there's a major limit to how much base salaries can increase from year-to-year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back