Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: May minicamp begins today as the Titans veterans meet at Baptist Sports Park. Later in the week, the rookies will return for two sessions. Many of the veterans will miss activity this week including DE Kyle Vanden Bosch, DE Travis LaBoy, WR Drew Bennett, T Daniel Loper, WR Roydell Williams and LB Cody Spencer. The team is hopeful all six can return for June camps. CB Michael Waddell and WR Brandon Jones will miss all offseason workouts. QB Steve McNair will also not participate as his grievance hearing is to take place this week.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

LaBoy hurt again? I thought he had become LaMan? :lol:

Guess I could say KVB hurt again too :-/

Well and Spencer too, shesh.

I watched some of last year's preseason games the other day (too bored I know), and Loper looked to be pretty athletic as billed. And also, got pushed around some, the other part of that label. Stewart was just the opposite, heavy feet. I'm really interested in how this plays out.

Roydell, Brandon, look out....Orr is creeping up :lol:

TitanJeff said:
It's not looking good for Woolfolk.

Actually Jeff, I email Jim Wyatt all the time concerning his articles and he always responds. So I am going to email Paul Kuharsky for the first time and get some substance behind what he said. Why am I saying this. People are quick to make a judgment based on what they already preconceive. Hill is not 100% yet, meaning they have to have someone fight for the left corner job. Now if you follow Fisher's style, he doesn't work the people into the corner role that are being worked into the nickel role symultaneously, meaning if Andre is to challenge Hill on that left corner, that is where his reps will be, thus thrusting someone else.....ala Fuller into the lead Nickel..... Make sense to me..... I just called Andre (no joke) and left a message in his voicemail. What he answers will be private, so it will be privileged for those I trust only in PMs.... If you consider yourself one of those I trust and are curious PM me.... If you are one of my antagonizers... don't bother (The list is well known).... peace.

WoolfolksUncle said:
Actually Jeff, I email Jim Wyatt all the time concerning his articles and he always responds. So I am going to email Paul Kuharsky for the first time and get some substance behind what he said.
It might read something like this:

-----Original Message-----
To: '[email protected]'
Sent: 10/20/05 2:08 PM
Subject: Tall Receivers

Paul,

Nice article on tall WR's in the NFL, but why no mention of our DB's? No quotes from Pacman or Woolfolk about matching up? Found the title misleading. I was hoping for something from our guys.

Can you tell me what the insiders think about Woolfolk? Was the move inside the first step toward covering kicks for this team? IMO, he has absolutely no coverage instincts (zone or man). He's horrible.

Thanks,
Brian from NY.

His reply:

Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:42 PM
To: Brian
Subject: RE: Tall Receivers

We've written about little guys covering big guys before, this one was more
from the offensive side and about the proliferation of the type. But I take
your point...

I think they haven't given up on Andre yet, but obviously they have major
concerns if they think him inside with RH outside is a good thing. I can't
understand how every team they play wouldn't force them into nickel and
throw at Hill until he proves he can stop somebody...

Andre is way too inconsistent. When he's good he can be pretty good. More
often we see him spun around or tipping forward where he kind of falls on
his face...

Alternative at this point are minimal. So for the time being they hope he
gets better. You should root for him too -- he's about the only insightful,
thoughtful guy amoing the DBs...

Thanks for reading and taking the time to write...

Paul Kuharsky
The Tennessean

:flush:

TitanJeff said:
A lot has to play out yet. We won't know how all this shakes out until September.

Much agreed Jeff, I have been saying that since last season ended.... By the way, if you're interested in the special PM later, we're cool.....:)

You are a much more fair board administrator than some of those on other boards for other teams.... Smack Forums of course but they lack integrity. They do things like edit board member's signature blocks with vulgar self downing statements... Sad... In particular Raiderfans.net.... Go Jeff:toast:

I agree Titan Jeff runs a clean fair ship here. I usually only lurke on other sites cause I can tell I would not post with any regularity

Brian said:
It might read something like this:

To: '[email protected]'
Sent: 10/20/05 2:08 PM
Subject: Tall Receivers
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:42 PM
To: Brian
Subject: RE: Tall Receivers
:flush:

You have really got a thing for Woolfolk, haven't you? :ha:

It's beginning to look like an abnormal obsession.

And, yeah, TJ does a great job here. His moderating style is one that commands respect.

Bobo said:
LaBoy hurt again? I thought he had become LaMan? :lol:

Guess I could say KVB hurt again too :-/

Well and Spencer too, shesh.

I watched some of last year's preseason games the other day (too bored I know), and Loper looked to be pretty athletic as billed. And also, got pushed around some, the other part of that label. Stewart was just the opposite, heavy feet. I'm really interested in how this plays out.

Roydell, Brandon, look out....Orr is creeping up :lol:

I don't think them not participating means they're hurt. I think precautionary measures is the word here. hope i'm wrong

Sledge said:
I don't think them not participating means they're hurt. I think precautionary measures is the word here. hope i'm wrong

There are reports saying some of those guys are coming off surgeries. Don't know for sure about LaBoy or Spencer. Thought I did read that Roydell was 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back