Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
aanewbsod.gif

Well things was our defense, and now with the addition of Hope, and Thorton.

we should get some of our old swager back

I like Fisher and I think the "back to basics" theme for Training Camp is a good strategy. Last year, it looked as if our defense was afraid to hurt the opponent. Most of the tackles that I saw (especially in the secondary) were hands only contact. I hardly ever saw a diving tackle or CB/S wrap up the opponents legs to get him down. These guys were afraid to mess up their jerseys last year. This year, I want to see the numbers wear off in the course of a game :brow: We need to be feared like the Raiders' defense used to be. Hard hits and all. Take on the attitude of KVB and freak the offense out. Make the QB cry in fear before he comes onto the field and cry in pain after he leaves the field. Wouldn't it be something to have not one, but 4-5 defensive players in the Pro Bowl this year? Shwartz needs to hire a motivational speaker for the defensive practices :lol:

bigtitan53279 said:
was it really that big of a mistake? jevon kearse hasnt been The Freak since he broke his foot. his highest sack total with the eagles is 7.5. i think we have a better player in KVB to be honest.

plus he always leaves the field when he feels like it cuz his pinky hurts...

everyone seen the "Who is Willie Parker?" spot on the NFL network (Its from the Titans game in Pitt)? Theyre must be a dozen whiffed tackles, at least. It really doesnt make Parker look good, it makes the Titans look like crud.

i remember how the announcers were like putting his name on a sheet for like the mvp candidates or something, and that was the only game he did anything that was really like wow, except for that super bowl run, but that was just flat out speed, and a kid that goes to my school, his brother is the lineman on that team that got to the second level and put a block on the linebacker, that sprang willie parker for the run, i think his name is max (the ol)

GhostZ said:
i remember how the announcers were like putting his name on a sheet for like the mvp candidates or something, and that was the only game he did anything that was really like wow, except for that super bowl run, but that was just flat out speed, and a kid that goes to my school, his brother is the lineman on that team that got to the second level and put a block on the linebacker, that sprang willie parker for the run, i think his name is max (the ol)

max starks

Schwartz with talent...2003

Even schwartz can't ruin a defense with very talented players but you could argue that that they will not play at their full potential. The best coaching effort for schwartz was probably 2002 when we didn't have kearse for almost the whole year and still finished 13th in scoring defense but even with kearse in 2003 we only improved to 11th in scoring D. Kearse had 9.5 sacks that year.

Our 2003 defense definitely had the talent to be top ten and even top 5 or 6.

Bulluck
schulters
Rolle
Haynesworth
Carter
Sirmon(pre injury)
a. dyson
Tank(pre injury)
kearse
Robaire smith

Almost comparable to that 2000 defense. A solid player at every position and they stayed healthy. Also calmus played a lot that year and was very good in the middle.

And that's the point...nicely illustrated!

Exactly!

RollTide said:
Even schwartz can't ruin a defense with very talented players but you could argue that that they will not play at their full potential. The best coaching effort for schwartz was probably 2002 when we didn't have kearse for almost the whole year and still finished 13th in scoring defense but even with kearse in 2003 we only improved to 11th in scoring D. Kearse had 9.5 sacks that year.

Our 2003 defense definitely had the talent to be top ten and even top 5 or 6.

Bulluck
schulters
Rolle
Haynesworth
Carter
Sirmon(pre injury)
a. dyson
Tank(pre injury)
kearse
Robaire smith

Almost comparable to that 2000 defense. A solid player at every position and they stayed healthy. Also calmus played a lot that year and was very good in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back