Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: According to an ESPN report, QB Kerry Collins is scheduled to visit Nashville today and undergo a physical for the Titans. However, his agent, David Dunn, said a visit had not been scheduled though Titans GM Floyd Reese had shown interest in Collins the past few weeks. "Obviously he is a guy out there that people are pursuing, but right now he is keeping his options open," Dunn said. "Tennessee would obviously be an attractive place, but that is a decision the two parties are going to have to make."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I'd say we'll know the answer by the end of the day but if his agent says the visit hasn't been scheduled, then it sounds like a rumor at this point.

If this move was going to be made, I don't understand why it wouldn't have been during OTA so Collins could be learning the playbook leading up to training camp.

Maybe they wanted to see Young and Volek work without Collins at the OTAs. Maybe they wanted Young's deal completed first since he has a playing time incentive. But after Fisher's comments this week, it doesn't make much sense.

I think you guys are forgetting what Collins can bring to this QB pool as far as Super Bowl experience. He can show them exactly what NOT to do!

I guess I could repeat what everybody else has said...DON'T DO IT...Surely Floyd reads this forum everyday...Now he know how we feel about it.

giants14.jpg

I agree Jeff this is very confusing the timing especially and the fact that its Collins. Several teams will release Qbs soon the Jets arent going to keep 4 qbs and will probaly release Bollinger. He isnt great but for what we need he would be a lot cheaper with less baggage. The last thing Volek needs is to worry about is if he makes a mistake when does he get pulled. Maybe they just want to make sure he's healthy and get to know him in case something serious happened to Billy in camp or preseason. If we think we need a vet qb wait and see who is released.

Good deal it only solidifies our QB position, and I will bet Young can learn a thing or two from him. Keeping Mauk now that we have VY is a waste of a roster spot and and breathable air. It cant hurt, anything.

fltitan said:
I agree Jeff this is very confusing the timing especially and the fact that its Collins. Several teams will release Qbs soon the Jets arent going to keep 4 qbs and will probaly release Bollinger. He isnt great but for what we need he would be a lot cheaper with less baggage. The last thing Volek needs is to worry about is if he makes a mistake when does he get pulled. Maybe they just want to make sure he's healthy and get to know him in case something serious happened to Billy in camp or preseason. If we think we need a vet qb wait and see who is released.

Volek's already going to be looking over his shoulder, Collins has veteran experience that can benefit both Volek and Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back