Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have let VY announce the contract extension - "Honor gets a 5 year deal."

I was surprised at the guaranteed money he got. That's a lot for a guy that isn't top tier yet, but part of this I think is paying Landry for what he could be, not what he is now. I'm sure they still see some unlocked potential in him and if he gets there, our D will be scary.

Now we can spend the rest of the offseason addressing the offense.

Yup glad it happened! But does this now mean Cunningham will be cut? I believe he has no guaranteed $ so could just be cut - but hopefully his deal is reworked with a more team friendly deal but give him some guaranteed $
Brown and Evans are history. Don’t see Cunningham going anywhere

I'm not big on Dupree and didn't like the signing when it originally happened so I agree with you there. But Landry was 10th in sacks last year, has improved yearly and is only 25. I don't think calling him average is fair? He's not elite either but I think he's closer to elite than he is average honestly.

Hes an average pass rusher. He’s an above average player overall.

I'm of a similar opinion, feels like Honor only excelled when he's the 4th best guy on the line and can mop up sacks.

But then look at the money spent on Wake, Beasley, Clowney et al. At least we know what we're getting with Landry.

1 year deals vs 5 years is a massive difference though.

Really wasn’t optimistic they would do it, but glad they did. One of Landry’s problems in the past was simply not enough quality help up front. Now that we have a very good 4 man group, we saw the results. I glad the mix will be the same this year with that group. The 52 mil guaranteed is spread over the life of the contract I am sure and the way JR structures thing, there is usually a way out at the end of the deal.

I'm conflicted on this deal. It's an extremely low cap hit for year one, but in my opinion Landry wouldn't even crack my list of top 3 Titans defenders. He's been reliable and versatile, but he's not a top tier pass rusher and they're paying him like he is.

He is available and plays every game great sign! We had a great pass rush and if Dupree is not great next year or two we move on from him

Autry and Big Jeff were the main reason to me
While they put up big numbers, Dupree is a lot of the reason Autry and Landry played so well. Big Jeff is just a beast, but Dupree was always close to the qb getting pressure. He didn’t put up a ton of sacks like most would want, but If you take him away then Landrys sack numbers definitely drop.

Dupree set the edge really well while getting push. In past years, quarterbacks could simply roll out the other way or, especially with Clowney, step past him and scramble.

Landry has been really damn consistent as far as pressures and win rate his whole career. There are only about 5 dudes in the league, if that many, that can consistently get sacks without some kind of contain.

Also, Crosby just signed 4 years, $95mil. He has 25 sacks in 3 years. Landry has 26.5 in the same period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back