Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on the WR core...catch the ball. Wade showed some good. Drew and Roydells drops did not encourage me, nor did Troupe's drop. Im sure the WR will get an ear full at practice

If Calico doesn't show something in the preseason, I'm going to be for Grant Mattos or O.J. Small taking his spot. There. I've said it. If Mattos is catching everything like they've said, I want to see him play more. Oh, and I know that not catching a ball last night wasn't his fault, but Givens had better show up.

Someone questioned why I feel good about the WRs on this team.

I am feeling good about them, because i have seen what many of them can do. I am not basing my overall opinion of each WR on the basis of one preseason game...other than what I have seen from Bobby Wade.

What impressed me about Wade was his lateral quickness, something we have not seen in one of WRs since DMase exited.

Our WRs corps looks to be in good shape.

I think alot of the drops we saw by the WR are somewhat contributed to by the short timing routes many of them we running. Givens' pass was a bang/bang short pass, Troupe's was much the same. I think there may have been others. Those types of passes seem more difficult to execute.

we're definitely better off than last year but still an injury away from being screwed imo. looking forward to seeing calico next week, jones soon and more of orr. williams disappointed me a little last night. Drew also had a big drop. I know its early but i was looking forward to seeing our "depth" i've heard about all summer long.

I don't know what game you guys were watching, but the drops were attrocious. Not only were they beautiful passes, but they were both deep gains, and soft, and on target, and they were both dropped. They made no plays. And you're final score because it, the same as last year. Lose by a FG. You don't make plays you don't win.

Now really, these guys have been catching footballs their whole lives, there is no excuse, even in preseason, to drop a ball. You've had a few weeks to get comfortable again. If you run the wrong route, ok. If you take a hit and drop it, ok. But to just flat out drop a pass. Terrible. Both passes landed right in their hands on the fly. No reason to drop those passes. It's a bad bad sign. I'm sorry. The probability that those drops carry into the regular season is high. They should have been caught. I don't know if it was mental, or physical, but it was just sad. You let your whole team down with drops like that.

I just hope Givens can do better. Cause I look at that game and just pray. Nearly all WR's in this league make that catch in training camp, let alone preseason. Those catches should be automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back