Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
watched first episode of Mexican Breaking Bad

much better than I thought.

the Mexican DEA guys throwing out there that the cook must be a gringo or Colombian because Mexicans know nothing about drugs was kinda absurd, but whatevers its Breaking Bad Mexican style

I'm extremely hyped for the new True Detective. I don't hate Vaughn so I think I'll like it.

@CRUDS I loved the first season of Penny Dreadful, next to True Detective it was my favorite new show of last year. I might hate this season. I notice a certain theme that I TABOO don't like TABOO. But even then, the story just isn't hitting for me as much; of course I guess it's hard to take the main threat as serious after last season. I like Dr. Frank's storyline much better however.

I'm extremely hyped for the new True Detective. I don't hate Vaughn so I think I'll like it.

@CRUDS I loved the first season of Penny Dreadful, next to True Detective it was my favorite new show of last year. I might hate this season. I notice a certain theme that I TABOO don't like TABOO. But even then, the story just isn't hitting for me as much; of course I guess it's hard to take the main threat as serious after last season. I like Dr. Frank's storyline much better however.

Penny Dreadful is a pretty unique deal in that it can sludge along at times then you'll have an amazing episode that reaffirms that it is indeed a great show.
This season it was the flashback episode with the witches. The previews for Sunday's episode looks like it picks up again. I think by season's end it they will turn it all around.
I am not crazy about the Dorian Grey story line (I assume that's what you're talking about) and much of that seems pointlessly gratuitous.

Do you watch Ripper Street? I sometimes expect characters from that show to just randomly turn up on PD. Good show as well.

about time for Spawn season 2 or whatever that vampires in NYC show was called

I could not get into it the first time I tried to watch. Second time I liked it.

about time for Spawn season 2 or whatever that vampires in NYC show was called

I could not get into it the first time I tried to watch. Second time I liked it.

The Strain.
Hope season two is better. The lead role is miscast. They need to make some changes on that one..

Now that horror is outright overwhelming the coming TV schedules it will be a lot easier to weed out borderline stuff like The Strain if it doesn't come around.
Look fwd to the Evil Dead show and the Let The Right One in show.
2nd Walking Dead may be good. There's a new Westworld type show coming on AMC. Hannibal is excellent stuff.
Not.
Enough.
Time..

I'm still concerned about True Detective S2.

It's not just the cast that worries me... It's the fact that there are completely new directors. The same guy (Fukunaga?) directed all 8 episodes of S1. He's not working on S2...

S2 will have several directors. Writer is still the same guy though, I believe. So that's a positive, at least.

Either way, it can't top S1. Not a chance in hell.

Now that horror is outright overwhelming the coming TV schedules it will be a lot easier to weed out borderline stuff like The Strain if it doesn't come around.
Look fwd to the Evil Dead show and the Let The Right One in show.
2nd Walking Dead may be good. There's a new Westworld type show coming on AMC. Hannibal is excellent stuff.
Not.
Enough.
Time..

I liked The Strain well enough and look forward to what the second season may bring.

Let the Right One In (not Let Me In which was good) was a great movie. I hope A&E can pull it off. I haven't watched The Returned which is a remake of Les Revenants but I heard A&E did an alright job with it.

AMC? I thought Westworld got picked up by HBO.

I liked The Strain well enough and look forward to what the second season may bring.

Let the Right One In (not Let Me In which was good) was a great movie. I hope A&E can pull it off. I haven't watched The Returned which is a remake of Les Revenants but I heard A&E did an alright job with it.

AMC? I thought Westworld got picked up by HBO.

I watched both versions of Les Revenants and the U.S. version was not nearly as good.
Lol - didn't know about HBO doing an actual
West world! I was referring to a new robot show on AMC with the gal from IT Crowd

The wife and I have just started watching Sonic Highways... the Foo Fighters doc series on HBO. Pretty cool. We've watched the first 4 of 8 already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back