Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Silicon Valley. I'm super depressed over SV and Thrones ending at the same time. At least True Detective is back and that new show Ballers looks interesting.

Started watching Orange is the New Black. I'm glad I gave it some time, because it really picked up in the second half of the first season. I almost stopped watching it after the first five episodes.

Started watching Orange is the New Black. I'm glad I gave it some time, because it really picked up in the second half of the first season. I almost stopped watching it after the first five episodes.
thats when I quite watching, so it does get better, maybe Ill try in out again some time

It was really a bucket of unmixed paint.
Trying to discern whether this season will have or allude to some otherworldly or occult/cult element.
The title of the first episode and a few details including that crow's head says a definite "maybe".

We all know it can't top S1...

Last night is about what I expected. I was worried about the new directors and strange cast combo, and I think it showed. Acting was a bit off here and there. Dialogue was not particularly strong like it was in S1.

I don't think it's going to be bad, but I wasn't expecting much to begin with.

For those who didn't like S1 because it moved slower... maybe they'll like this season better because it is moving faster so far.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Think it definitely has potential. Haven't really seen/heard many opinions on it yet but I have a feeling there are a lot of people out there who can't wait to s*** on it just because they have S1 on up on this pedestal and also because they don't like the casting (mainly Vaughn).

Ballers was about what I was expecting. Certainly wasn't blown away but didn't hate it either. Hopefully now that they've set the scene it'll get better.

I appreciate that it was not an opener that sold out by putting its hit singles all on Side A (sorry kids I use old ass references). Hole cards only.
Definitely a bit of a David Lynch vibe happening here.
Did anyone else get the vibe they were using familiar looking sets?

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Think it definitely has potential. Haven't really seen/heard many opinions on it yet but I have a feeling there are a lot of people out there who can't wait to s*** on it just because they have S1 on up on this pedestal and also because they don't like the casting (mainly Vaughn).

They laid the groundwork more last night than the first episode of last season. Last season was here's Harrellson and here's McConaughey and they both have problems and they're going to team up and solve this crime. This season, a lot more moving parts.

Vaughn is one of the bad guys but him and Farrell have a relationship that goes back quite a while, Farrell isn't exactly clean on his side either, McAdams has some definite family issues and like everyone else a drinking problem, and Kitcsh definitely has some issues beyond his tour of duty.

Point being, there are a lot more moving parts. If you just google True Detective you'll see a ton of bad reviews about the show but 1. clicks 2. unreasonable expectations and 3. the episode felt basic because there is so much going on now

Ballers was cool. I'll probably watch that weekly.

Didn't get a chance to watch True Detectives, but I doubt it can live up to the first. Harrellson and McConaughey absolutely nailed it.

This cast doesn't seem to be as good, but I'll give it a watch

Ballers was cool. I'll probably watch that weekly.

Didn't get a chance to watch True Detectives, but I doubt it can live up to the first. Harrellson and McConaughey absolutely nailed it.

This cast doesn't seem to be as good, but I'll give it a watch

For what it's worth - every one of the actors in this new season appears to be playing pretty intense characters. There will be a reckoning.

That said, goddammit I keep telling you guys to go back and watch Rectify (and no it's nothing like Justify).
You want some great drama and intense acting - that is the show.
Season 3 starts in July - and it's very much worth going back and checking out the first two.

231602.jpg

For what it's worth - every one of the actors in this new season appears to be playing pretty intense characters. There will be a reckoning.

That said, goddammit I keep telling you guys to go back and watch Rectify (and no it's nothing like Justify).
Season 3 starts in July - and it's very much worth going back and checking out the first two.

231602.jpg

Is it on HBO or netflix?

231602.jpg

Rectify has been on my Netflix queue for a couple years now. Still haven't gotten around to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back