Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

I still didn't think it was that good. The directing and acting just isn't even remotely near what it was in the first season... which I expected. It jumps all over the place and doesn't flow very well.

If it weren't for the first season, I honestly probably would've stopped watching at this point (or loosely watched the rest of the season for sh*ts and gigs). It's just not very good IMO.

I'm glad something big finally happened and I could feel it coming, but that final scene felt forced and was a bit over the top IMO.

It should heat up next week. I think that Vince V. character would be better if another actor played the role. Michael Chiklis would have been perfect for the role. He could have put some Vic Mackey "shadiness" into the role.

I agree..
They obviously wanted an "Episode 4" climax event like in Season One except it kinda felt more like a bad 80's Steven Segal movie than quality HBO.
Cholos in do-rags with machine guns. Surprised they didn't show a shirtless VietNam vet carrying a child to safety..
This ain't your daddy's True Detective.
At least so far

Really?

I still didn't think it was that good. The directing and acting just isn't even remotely near what it was in the first season... which I expected. It jumps all over the place and doesn't flow very well.

If it weren't for the first season, I honestly probably would've stopped watching at this point (or loosely watched the rest of the season for sh*ts and gigs). It's just not very good IMO.

I'm glad something big finally happened and I could feel it coming, but that final scene felt forced and was a bit over the top IMO.

Late to the party on another one, but just started watching Newsroom. My wife has been wanting to watch it forever but I just could not get very excited about the show despite the talent involved. She finally wore me down and so we watched the pilot last night. I gotta say I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Late to the party on another one, but just started watching Newsroom. My wife has been wanting to watch it forever but I just could not get very excited about the show despite the talent involved. She finally wore me down and so we watched the pilot last night. I gotta say I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
It's excellent. Well written and well acted. Won't spoil anything.

Terrible show. Well I liked it in the beginning but became complete garbage by the end. Was happy to see it end. And Aaron sorkin can't write for women

We are 4 episodes in and I'm loving it right now. Definitely am skeptical they'll be able to keep it up though.

I'll be curios to hear your thoughts when you've finished. I did go from really liking the show to absolutely hating it. Loathed the ending of it. Became very pretentious. But politically maybe it won't bother you as much.

Me too. Cut my cable about midway through the season

Yeah I cut my cable a long time ago. Way too expensive.. I'll be interested to see if big cable companies ever try to adapt to the 21st century. I'm sure they are hemorrhaging money to companies like Netflix.

So True Detective sucks this season... I'm going to keep watching, of course, because there's no point quitting right now. But this season has sucked even more than I expected it to.

At the very least, it does seem like a lot is gonna go down the last few episodes, but I just don't care about the story or the characters. It's not the least bit compelling and doesn't make me want to keep watching like the first season did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back