Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah same here. I really can't believe just how uninteresting it has been in comparison to season 1. Even if the ending is spectacular it still will have been much too slow/long of a setup. Haven't watched last night's episode yet though.

Also haven't watched the last two episodes of Ballers. Think I might just throw in the towel on that one.

@GoT

You still watching The Strain on FX? I think this season has been really good so far.

Defiance on Syfy: 1st season was crap. 2nd season was entertaining crap. 3rd season... dare I say, this is actually a good show now! I would recommend this season to people, but don't think I could recommend someone watching the first two seasons just to catch up in the storyline...

No magic..
Hope show creators that that to heart if they do another season.

So True Detective sucks this season... I'm going to keep watching, of course, because there's no point quitting right now. But this season has sucked even more than I expected it to.

At the very least, it does seem like a lot is gonna go down the last few episodes, but I just don't care about the story or the characters. It's not the least bit compelling and doesn't make me want to keep watching like the first season did.

I don't think there will be a S3.

Speaking of shows with similar formats, I hope Fargo S2 can hold up. Once again, there's no way it can top S1, but surely it will top S2 of TD.

S1 of TD and Fargo were my favorite TV shows of last year.

So True Detective sucks this season... I'm going to keep watching, of course, because there's no point quitting right now. But this season has sucked even more than I expected it to.

At the very least, it does seem like a lot is gonna go down the last few episodes, but I just don't care about the story or the characters. It's not the least bit compelling and doesn't make me want to keep watching like the first season did.

If you don't hold it up to the standard of S1 then I think you would enjoy it more. When you compare it to other current TV shows, it's better than most IMO.

If you don't hold it up to the standard of S1 then I think you would enjoy it more. When you compare it to other current TV shows, it's better than most IMO.

Impossible not to compare it to the first season... It's the same show title. Different characters and story, but still... they had to know they'd be facing high expectations.

I think it's slightly above average in comparison to other TV shows. It's below average compared to many other HBO shows though.

@GoT

You still watching The Strain on FX? I think this season has been really good so far.

Defiance on Syfy: 1st season was crap. 2nd season was entertaining crap. 3rd season... dare I say, this is actually a good show now! I would recommend this season to people, but don't think I could recommend someone watching the first two seasons just to catch up in the storyline...

Strain is on my DVR but I have not watched any. Good to hear it is entertaining.

I actually enjoyed Defiance s1. But, and I know this is a contradiction, it was so awful I forgot about it and just assumed it would not be renewed. Will have to wait for a marathon or something to catch s2 & s3

I've still been watching it. It's entertaining enough for me to continue watching but I seriously want to see that Zack kid get killed. That kid is f'ing terrible.

And notice it's a new kid this season. How bad do you have to be to be replaced on that show. It is horribly miscast. Even Kevin Durand, who I usually like is a caricature. The Strain gets point for backstory and some cool bad guys like Eichorst, but it's definitely SyFy territory..

Not really getting the True Detective hate, I think this season has been really good. The first season was some of the best TV I've ever seen, it's a bit unfair to try and compare after the first few episodes or even now with two remaining. Different cast, stories and rotation of directors. It has a lot going on but I kind of like that, you knew this season would be more complex when they sign a pretty big named cast like they did. Last year we had two main characters and this season has four, some stuff had to go down.

The last episode I thought was the best of the season and one of the best episodes overall if we throw in S1. The show started a bit slow but the last 3 weeks it has really hit it's stride.

I haven't been holding it to the standard of the 1st season. Even still it hasn't been particularly compelling. Not saying it's a terrible show or anything. But if it weren't called "True Detective" I probably would've given up on it already.

Not really getting the True Detective hate, I think this season has been really good. The first season was some of the best TV I've ever seen, it's a bit unfair to try and compare after the first few episodes or even now with two remaining. Different cast, stories and rotation of directors. It has a lot going on but I kind of like that, you knew this season would be more complex when they sign a pretty big named cast like they did. Last year we had two main characters and this season has four, some stuff had to go down.

The last episode I thought was the best of the season and one of the best episodes overall if we throw in S1. The show started a bit slow but the last 3 weeks it has really hit it's stride.
I fully expected this season to get a lot of unnecessary hate. I even preemptively defended it earlier in this thread before the second season even premiered. Season 1 was just sooooooo good there was no way this one was going to live up to it. Also Woody and McConaughey are pretty much universally loved actors..... Vaughn and Farrell, not so much. So like I said, I was expecting people to s*** all over it just because "it isn't season 1". But now, with the season nearly over I have to be honest and say this season has been a huge letdown. Just my opinion though.

I fully expected this season to get a lot of unnecessary hate. I even preemptively defended it earlier in this thread before the second season even premiered. Season 1 was just sooooooo good there was no way this one was going to live up to it. Also Woody and McConaughey are pretty much universally loved actors..... Vaughn and Farrell, not so much. So like I said, I was expecting people to s*** all over it just because "it isn't season 1". But now, with the season nearly over I have to be honest and say this season has been a huge letdown. Just my opinion though.

Hmm I guess just different opinions then because I've enjoyed it more and more over the past 3 weeks or so. Which is fine, I agree with your points and I think the cast is part of it (I personally like everyone in it) and the unreasonable expectations were a downfall right off the bat. There are definitely some connections with the first season. Nic Pizzolato has already said he would only write 3 seasons. I see it as...

1st season - take down of some of the lower level guys in this...cult? secret organization? whatever you want to go with. Detectives knew it went higher up with government officials but couldn't do anything about it.

2nd season - take down of small government officials and crooked departments like Vinci PD.

3rd season - maybe set in D.C. and the new detectives are able to take down a major politician or something

just my theory

Also i've never seen A Beautiful Mind.

Another thing that about Mr. Robot is just how it was directed. It felt like I was watching a good ass movie. You are really engaged with Elliot, the music was on point. Just the overall feel of the show is amazing.

If they can keep it consistent all season, it could very well become my favorite tv series out. Maybe I'm hyping it up too much lol

Just finished the first episode, amazing start. Great lead and very interesting storyline so far. I'm wishing I hadn't started it so late tonight so I could binge watch the episodes out there.

I've got high hopes after seeing the first episode.

I also started watching The Leftovers, weird vibe but a couple episodes in and it has my attention.
I loved the Leftovers. I'm hoping they don't screw the pooch here in season two and not answer any questions!

When you finish, if you haven't already, take a look at what they have planned for season 2. I believe it comes out this fall.

Man Leftovers i have such love hate relationship with that show. I really liked the premise of it and was super exited for it but every week it let me down so hard. Practically none of the characters were likeable although i did really like the preacher he was cool. I just couldn't latch on emotionally to anyone one in that show i felt nothing but anger and confusion at their lack of explanation for anything.

I think ill be skipping season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back