Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rectify ended with the final scenes moving (at least part of) the story to Nashville.
Great show - and Season 3 was definitely reminiscent of Deadwood at times (w obvious connections) and of course very much WM3 inspired.
Daniel must get his due in Season 4 though I suspect it won't be without a price.
Pure drama with little action for action's sake - almost every actor on this show deserves an award..

Okay so I've just started watching the X-Files for the first time ever. I saw a few random episodes when it was first airing but that's about it. It seems right up my alley but I gotta say, I'm just about done with the first season and I am extremely underwhelmed. There have been some good episodes here and there but for the most part I've found them tedious. And even worse I find the actions of Mulder and Scully nonsensical and flat out retarded at times.

Does it get better? I feel like this is the kind of show I should love but it's just not happening. I'm wondering if it's perhaps just too dated at this point for a first time viewer.

Okay so I've just started watching the X-Files for the first time ever. I saw a few random episodes when it was first airing but that's about it. It seems right up my alley but I gotta say, I'm just about done with the first season and I am extremely underwhelmed. There have been some good episodes here and there but for the most part I've found them tedious. And even worse I find the actions of Mulder and Scully nonsensical and flat out retarded at times.

Does it get better? I feel like this is the kind of show I should love but it's just not happening. I'm wondering if it's perhaps just too dated at this point for a first time viewer.

I remember the X-files back when I was a little kid. Forgot all about it.

Does it have a story throughout the episodes or is it like Criminal Minds with Alien stuff?? Lol

I remember the X-files back when I was a little kid. Forgot all about it.

Does it have a story throughout the episodes or is it like Criminal Minds with Alien stuff?? Lol
So far it's just been isolated stories within each episode. Was definitely hoping for more of an overall story arc.

That show evolves to include a running theme w Mulder's sister and the smoking man etc. It does improve over the seasons but it's also relatively slowly paced compared to today's cut-to-the-chase TV.

That show evolves to include a running theme w Mulder's sister and the smoking man etc. It does improve over the seasons but it's also relatively slowly paced compared to today's cut-to-the-chase TV.
I don't mind a slow pace. But for there to be no real running storyline (at least up to this point) wayyyyy too many of the episodes have been misses IMO. I will stick with it at least through the 2nd season though.

I don't mind a slow pace. But for there to be no real running storyline (at least up to this point) wayyyyy too many of the episodes have been misses IMO. I will stick with it at least through the 2nd season though.

CompareD to a show like Breaking Bad etc. the running storyline is nil.
That soap opera storyline thing in dramatic nighttime TV is mostly post-XFiles.
But thank you HBO for making it a TV culture.

So - Fear The Walking Dead..
I enjoyed the premier. Always liked Vandy-grad Kim Dickens and the gay French kid was actually pretty good too.

The opening scene felt a bit reminiscent of 28 Days Later (just like TWD's premier) but the cool locations including the Pulp Fiction diner, abandoned church "shooting gallery", the offramp and the creepy-as hell drainage canal entances really were a breath of fresh air from TWD's pine trees and train tracks settings.

I'm on board...

So - Fear The Walking Dead..
I enjoyed the premier. Always liked Vandy-grad Kim Dickens and the gay French kid was actually pretty good too.

The opening scene felt a bit reminiscent of 28 Days Later (just like TWD's premier) but the cool locations including the Pulp Fiction diner, abandoned church "shooting gallery", the offramp and the creepy-as hell drainage canal entances really were a breath of fresh air from TWD's pine trees and train tracks settings.

I'm on board...
Same here. My expectations were super low but I ended up really enjoying it. Was pretty shocked when I went on social media afterwards to find everyone making it out to be the worst thing since the Holocaust.

Same here. My expectations were super low but I ended up really enjoying it. Was pretty shocked when I went on social media afterwards to find everyone making it out to be the worst thing since the Holocaust.

I read a few bad reviews on Facebook - all by folks who pretty much require non-stop action and carnage to keep them engaged. They come from the action video game world I suppose..
For reasons mentioned before I liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back