Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we got some good shows running now like Fargo, TWD, Gotham, Empire, last True detective was, Z-Nation is entertaining as well for what it's worth.

But Super Girl....come on guys....lol

Started watching Flash, but too cartoonish for me.....rather watch Gotham that has better story lines and looks more like the new Batman's not the old ones.....

I'm currently binge-watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine after giving up on X-Files. I think it's one of the funniest shows on TV and criminally underrated.
Yeah I gave up on X-Files too. I guess it's one of those shows where you had to get on board while it was actually airing. Time has not been kind to it apparently.

Totally agree on Brooklyn Nine Nine. Easily one of the best comedies currently running.

Or we got some good shows running now like Fargo, TWD, Gotham, Empire, last True detective was, Z-Nation is entertaining as well for what it's worth.

But Super Girl....come on guys....lol

Started watching Flash, but too cartoonish for me.....rather watch Gotham that has better story lines and looks more like the new Batman's not the old ones.....

I don't see an issue with discussing Super Girl. CBS is trying to change things up, which is evident with the Star Trek news. Not many thought they could pull it off and it's been mixed reviews so far. There isn't really any geek talk about it, rather just a discussion of the move CBS made.

You should really give Flash another shot and not take it seriously. It's a fun show with surprisingly pretty good effects and the 2nd season is even better. Gotham isn't even that serious of a show either, just dark. But one again dark=/=serious. Hard for me to get into at first but really loving the second season.

True Detective is over, along with Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley right now. There isn't a whole lot of good TV out there and the rest is covered by Netflix binge-watching. We must adapt, we can't try and make our current and talented TV shows fit into our scheme.

Yeah I gave up on X-Files too. I guess it's one of those shows where you had to get on board while it was actually airing. Time has not been kind to it apparently.

Totally agree on Brooklyn Nine Nine. Easily one of the best comedies currently running.

I never thought X-Files was very good, but it had a few excellent episodes and storylines.

The thing to remember, there was not the amount of choices then, especially for sci-fi, which helped lead to it's popularity.

I keep trying to get some of my friends to try it out, but I gave up hope. I was never really the biggest Samberg fan in the first place but decided to give it a shot and I don't regret it. Love the cast, some really good moments and the writing is surprisingly very solid for it to be a comedy on a major network. I guess I trust Fox more with that than any of the others (New Girl reasoning).

Not saying X-Files was a bad show at all but it just didn't age well. I made it through season 3 and just kinda lost interest/got busier.

Still going to try out the new season in January.

I don't see an issue with discussing Super Girl. CBS is trying to change things up, which is evident with the Star Trek news. Not many thought they could pull it off and it's been mixed reviews so far. There isn't really any geek talk about it, rather just a discussion of the move CBS made.

You should really give Flash another shot and not take it seriously. It's a fun show with surprisingly pretty good effects and the 2nd season is even better. Gotham isn't even that serious of a show either, just dark. But one again dark=/=serious. Hard for me to get into at first but really loving the second season.

True Detective is over, along with Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley right now. There isn't a whole lot of good TV out there and the rest is covered by Netflix binge-watching. We must adapt, we can't try and make our current and talented TV shows fit into our scheme.
I will try and give Flash another shot.....been weeding certain shows out due to lack of time and splitting recordings with the wife and her shows.

Speaking of Netflix.....Beasts of No Nation was a great movie to watch. Currently in certain theatres as well.

I keep trying to get some of my friends to try it out, but I gave up hope. I was never really the biggest Samberg fan in the first place but decided to give it a shot and I don't regret it. Love the cast, some really good moments and the writing is surprisingly very solid for it to be a comedy on a major network. I guess I trust Fox more with that than any of the others (New Girl reasoning).
Yeah too much Samberg could get old quick. But luckily it's actually a great ensemble and he's not relied on to carry the comedy load.

I'm currently binge-watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine after giving up on X-Files. I think it's one of the funniest shows on TV and criminally underrated.

Big fan of the show.

Monday's (or Sundays for you guys) is my favourite day of the week in terms of shows because it's all lighthearted after a shitty day of work with Brooklyn, Bob's, The Simpsons, etc.

Has anyone else checked out "Man in the High Castle" on Amazon Prime yet? They have only teased out a couple of episodes, with full season due out on November 20 (Thanksgiving binge watching season).

Storyline is based on 1962 America, only with Germany and Japan ruling the east and west portions of the country. However, there is German/Japan concern with release of film footage (raising the flag at Iwo Jima as an example) that suggests something is amiss in this world. Some of the "background stuff", such as listening to a Dragnet episode based on Nazi policing, is interesting.

I have found the first two episodes fairly well written, so I will binge watch over Thanksgiving.

Has anyone else checked out "Man in the High Castle" on Amazon Prime yet? They have only teased out a couple of episodes, with full season due out on November 20 (Thanksgiving binge watching season).

Storyline is based on 1962 America, only with Germany and Japan ruling the east and west portions of the country. However, there is German/Japan concern with release of film footage (raising the flag at Iwo Jima as an example) that suggests something is amiss in this world. Some of the "background stuff", such as listening to a Dragnet episode based on Nazi policing, is interesting.

I have found the first two episodes fairly well written, so I will binge watch over Thanksgiving.
This sounds intriguing. I'll definitely check it out.

Has anyone watched/currently watching Legends? I'm three episodes into the first season and it has some potential to be good. Is it worth finishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back