Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this ainy the.movie thread.

.but has anyone watched that new Adam Sandler movie the ridiculous six? Is it good? I was contemplating watching it cuz terry crews is funny

I know this ainy the.movie thread.

.but has anyone watched that new Adam Sandler movie the ridiculous six? Is it good? I was contemplating watching it cuz terry crews is funny
Was it too much work to go to the actual movie thread? Lol

But it looks pretty stupid to me. Seen a lot of bad reviews too.

defiance10-12.jpg

Dataak you are a thug and you make me laugh

captain-john.jpg

But you are no Simcoe

best TV villain in a long time

Finished up Making a Murderer
Okay, so this doc series was clearly biased as hell. And honestly I'm on the fence as to whether or not Steven Avery did it. Based on the facts I've been presented, which again are clearly biased, I'm at the very least inclined to say he should've been granted a new trial. But whatever. That's not even my biggest gripe. The fact that the borderline retarded nephew was denied a new trial is a complete and total travesty imo. This kid was solely convicted on a coerced confession and did not have counsel that was looking out for his best interest (and was in fact basically working for the prosecution). Just truly astounding stuff. Unless there's some major piece of evidence that the filmmakers were intentionally leaving out, this is total BS and a miscarriage of justice.

captain-john.jpg

But you are no Simcoe best TV villain in a long time

Ok he's good but the best? His voice is a bit high lol..
There are number of Fargo villains at the top of my current list.
High five for randomness lol!
The guy that plays Caleb is in an Aussie true crime flick called The Snowtown Murders and he's a total SOB!

Finished up Making a Murderer
Okay, so this doc series was clearly biased as hell. And honestly I'm on the fence as to whether or not Steven Avery did it. Based on the facts I've been presented, which again are clearly biased, I'm at the very least inclined to say he should've been granted a new trial. But whatever. That's not even my biggest gripe. The fact that the borderline retarded nephew was denied a new trial is a complete and total travesty imo. This kid was solely convicted on a coerced confession and did not have counsel that was looking out for his best interest (and was in fact basically working for the prosecution). Just truly astounding stuff. Unless there's some major piece of evidence that the filmmakers were intentionally leaving out, this is total BS and a miscarriage of justice.
I found the hot reporter on twitter. Angenette levy.

Ok he's good but the best? His voice is a bit high lol..
There are number of Fargo villains at the top of my current list.
High five for randomness lol!
The guy that plays Caleb is in an Aussie true crime flick called The Snowtown Murders and he's a total SOB!
I am behind on Fargo, only watched first couple of episodes.

I think Simcoe plays psycho pretty real well, not over the top and he plans his crap out a few moves unlike most villians

Finally finished season 2 of Fargo. I think I enjoyed season 1 quite a bit more but it was still excellent and very well done. Can't wait for season 3.

Back to Making a Murderer, I was reading a post earlier with a bunch of evidence that was NOT in the documentary. It is pretty damning. Or at the very least it will make you more understanding of how the verdicts went the way they went. I suspected the filmmakers had to be leaving out some crucial facts.

I will find the link and post it in the morning.

^ Here is the evidence I mentioned in the above post.

— The documentary said that part of Avery’s criminal past included animal cruelty. To my recollection, it didn’t specify exactly what that animal cruelty was. I know that for some of our readers, knowing is enough to want to see Avery get the death sentence regardless of whether he murdered Halbach: He doused a cat in oil and threw it on a bonfire (this is not relevant to the murder trial, but it certainly diminishes the sympathy some of us felt for him).

— Past criminal activity also included threatening a female relative at gunpoint.

— In the months leading up to Halbach’s disappearance, Avery had called Auto Trader several times and always specifically requested Halbach to come out and take the photos.

— Halbach had complained to her boss that she didn’t want to go out to Avery’s trailer anymore, because once when she came out, Avery was waiting for her wearing only a towel (this was excluded for being too inflammatory). Avery clearly had an obsession with Halbach.

— On the day that Halbach went missing, Avery had called her three times, twice from a *67 number to hide his identity.

— The bullet with Halbach’s DNA on it came from Avery’s gun, which always hung above his bed.

— Avery had purchased handcuffs and leg irons like the ones Dassey described holding Halbach only three weeks before (Avery said he’s purchased them for use with his girlfriend, Jodi, with whom he’d had a tumultuous relationship — at one point, he was ordered by police to stay away from her for three days).

— Here’s the piece of evidence that was presented at trial but not in the series that I find most convincing: In Dassey’s illegally obtained statement, Dassey stated that he helped Avery moved the RAV4 into the junkyard and that Avery had lifted the hood and removed the battery cable. Even if you believe that the blood in Halbach’s car was planted by the cops (as I do), there was also non-blood DNA evidence on the hood latch. I don’t believe the police would plant — or know to plant — that evidence.

Is Steven Avery Guilty? Evidence 'Making a Murderer' Didn't Present

^ Here is the evidence I mentioned in the above post.

— The documentary said that part of Avery’s criminal past included animal cruelty. To my recollection, it didn’t specify exactly what that animal cruelty was. I know that for some of our readers, knowing is enough to want to see Avery get the death sentence regardless of whether he murdered Halbach: He doused a cat in oil and threw it on a bonfire (this is not relevant to the murder trial, but it certainly diminishes the sympathy some of us felt for him).

— Past criminal activity also included threatening a female relative at gunpoint.

— In the months leading up to Halbach’s disappearance, Avery had called Auto Trader several times and always specifically requested Halbach to come out and take the photos.

— Halbach had complained to her boss that she didn’t want to go out to Avery’s trailer anymore, because once when she came out, Avery was waiting for her wearing only a towel (this was excluded for being too inflammatory). Avery clearly had an obsession with Halbach.

— On the day that Halbach went missing, Avery had called her three times, twice from a *67 number to hide his identity.

— The bullet with Halbach’s DNA on it came from Avery’s gun, which always hung above his bed.

— Avery had purchased handcuffs and leg irons like the ones Dassey described holding Halbach only three weeks before (Avery said he’s purchased them for use with his girlfriend, Jodi, with whom he’d had a tumultuous relationship — at one point, he was ordered by police to stay away from her for three days).

— Here’s the piece of evidence that was presented at trial but not in the series that I find most convincing: In Dassey’s illegally obtained statement, Dassey stated that he helped Avery moved the RAV4 into the junkyard and that Avery had lifted the hood and removed the battery cable. Even if you believe that the blood in Halbach’s car was planted by the cops (as I do), there was also non-blood DNA evidence on the hood latch. I don’t believe the police would plant — or know to plant — that evidence.

Is Steven Avery Guilty? Evidence 'Making a Murderer' Didn't Present

ya man, I kinda leaned towards him being guilty, especially when he declined to testify.all that you mentioned confirms it tho. Still how dassey didn't get a new trial was insane.

ya man, I kinda leaned towards him being guilty, especially when he declined to testify.all that you mentioned confirms it tho. Still how dassey didn't get a new trial was insane.
Yeah I agree about Dassey. I won't be surprised if he does end up getting a new trial at some point. Thing is, the kid is borderline retarded. And he got life with a possibility of early release after like 40 years. That seems stiff if you can't prove that he actually KILLED her. I'm not saying he should do no time but given his mental capabilities and the fact that he is very easily coerced, if he did in fact help dispose of the body, or even rape her, at the direction of his uncle then I think some leniency should be granted.

Recently started Narcos. 4 episodes in. It's not really the kind of show that leaves me dying to watch the next one but it's still pretty entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back