Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently started Narcos. 4 episodes in. It's not really the kind of show that leaves me dying to watch the next one but it's still pretty entertaining.
Tried starting it at work, made it 5 minutes before moving on to something else.

It's on the list.

FFS, my watch list is gigantic. Holidays screwed everything up.

Jessica Jones
Making a Murderer
Fargo
Hell on Wheels
Narciso

I don't see how everyone has time for all these shows.....

Tried starting it at work, made it 5 minutes before moving on to something else.

It's on the list.

FFS, my watch list is gigantic. Holidays screwed everything up.

Jessica Jones
Making a Murderer
Fargo
Hell on Wheels
Narciso

I don't see how everyone has time for all these shows.....
Stick with Narcos. It gets better. It's the kind of show you need to really commit to and not just half-commit to. There's so much subtitled dialogue you'll be lost in a hurry if you aren't paying attention.

Of the shows you listed this would be my order:
Fargo
J Jones
Making a Murderer
Narcos

Never seen Hell on Wheels.

Hell on Wheels is wonderful - a small taste of Deadwood but moves at a much slower pace - ie it takes time to digest. Gunderson/Swede should be on @Gunny's greatest villain's list.
The show's final episodes run in 2016 and I have to admit I will miss this one.

I've seen several of the Making a Murderer episodes and the rage at law corruption parallels The WM3 in many ways. This Avery guy is a strange mix of Jesse Misskelley and Damien...

I've seen several of the Making a Murderer episodes and the rage at law corruption parallels The WM3 in many ways. This Avery guy is a strange mix of Jesse Misskelley and Damien...
Yeah I agree. Although I will say this series is INCREDIBLY biased. Even more so than Paradise Lost. I've come across some facts/evidence that were just inexcusable to leave out of a 10hr documentary series. Of course it's well within the filmmakers right to pick a side and shape the story accordingly. But it's also somewhat irresponsible IMO.

I don't have a hard time believing Avery actually did it. That said, there was NO DOUBT some shady things going on the law enforcement/legal side of things. I fully believe evidence was planted and they wanted to ensure Avery was locked up and the key thrown away. Which of course does not necessarily mean that Avery didn't do it. That said, there is no excuse for unlawful shenanigans just to secure a conviction. The conduct of the Sheriff's Dept. as well as the nephew's supposed "counsel" had my blood boiling more than once.

To be fair, the original Paradise Lost was a pretty even sided presentation of an unusual case. The subsequent installments obviously followed the innocent narrative and the Peter Jackson film pretty much slammed the door on any potential for guilt.
I've seen some of the arguments against Avery's innocence and it will be interesting to see what presents itself moving forward as things unfold after this series. The world knows something is amiss here now. If he's innocent I think we'll find out..

Yeah I agree. Although I will say this series is INCREDIBLY biased. Even more so than Paradise Lost. I've come across some facts/evidence that were just inexcusable to leave out of a 10hr documentary series. Of course it's well within the filmmakers right to pick a side and shape the story accordingly. But it's also somewhat irresponsible IMO.

I don't have a hard time believing Avery actually did it. That said, there was NO DOUBT some shady things going on the law enforcement/legal side of things. I fully believe evidence was planted and they wanted to ensure Avery was locked up and the key thrown away. Which of course does not necessarily mean that Avery didn't do it. That said, there is no excuse for unlawful shenanigans just to secure a conviction. The conduct of the Sheriff's Dept. as well as the nephew's supposed "counsel" had my blood boiling more than once.

To be fair, the original Paradise Lost was a pretty even sided presentation of an unusual case. The subsequent installments obviously followed the innocent narrative and the Peter Jackson film pretty much slammed the door on any potential for guilt.
Yeah I agree with that.

I've seen some of the arguments against Avery's innocence and it will be interesting to see what presents itself moving forward as things unfold after this series. The world knows something is amiss here now. If he's innocent I think we'll find out..
My gut tells me he did it. My gut also tells me that the Sheriff's Dept. planted evidence (and likely discovered the vehicle before it was officially "found"). I don't buy that a cop (or cops) killed her, or had her killed, just to frame Avery. So if it wasn't Avery and it wasn't the cops then it seems likely it was someone else in the family who lived on the property. The oldest nephew as well as the brother-in-law both seemed a bit suspicious to me. With that said there is still some pretty damning evidence against Avery.

Just like with Serial, it left me dying to know the actual truth.

lmao at dasseys lawyer in the appeals hearing. Dude had the weirdest, most obvious "oh shit I'm busted" face twitches ever.

also why do all public defenders have a weird face twitch??

Hell on Wheels is wonderful - a small taste of Deadwood but moves at a much slower pace - ie it takes time to digest. Gunderson/Swede should be on @Gunny's greatest villain's list.
The show's final episodes run in 2016 and I have to admit I will miss this one.
I hate Gunderson so damn much lol. Perfect character. The guy who plays Durant is perfect.

I hate Gunderson so damn much lol. Perfect character. The guy who plays Durant is perfect.

Colm is great in pretty much everything he's done - and has come a long way since beaming Jean Luc all around the galaxy..

d337e5c16382567f4d7093096288bd33.jpg

"Making of a Murderer"...great documentary series (10 episodes) on Netflix. Great series done by Netflix that depicts the life a someone that the County had a hard on for and pretty much ruined his life. Depicts the greatest miscarriage of justice, a Wisconsin resident, is purposely being made a scapegoat for crimes he did not commit.

"Making of a Murderer"...great documentary series (10 episodes) on Netflix. Great series done by Netflix that depicts the life a someone that the County had a hard on for and pretty much ruined his life. Depicts the greatest miscarriage of justice, a Wisconsin resident, is purposely being made a scapegoat for crimes he did not commit.
If you look into the story a little more you'll see there was some damning evidence that was left out of the series. I'm not convinced he didn't do it but there's no doubt there was some shady s*** going on by the Sheriff's dept. And the nephew most definitely got a raw deal.

What did the folks who were watching AHS think of the finale? I thought it was okay but I was hoping for more (IDK what). Overall though this was definitely one of my 2 or 3 favorite seasons.

What did the folks who were watching AHS think of the finale? I thought it was okay but I was hoping for more (IDK what). Overall though this was definitely one of my 2 or 3 favorite seasons.

Agree about finale. Hotel and asylum stand above the other seasons. Will gaga be back next year? I hope so

If you look into the story a little more you'll see there was some damning evidence that was left out of the series. I'm not convinced he didn't do it but there's no doubt there was some shady s*** going on by the Sheriff's dept. And the nephew most definitely got a raw deal.
Agreed, I posted this almost 2 weeks ago fresh after watching the documentary. It was all over social media last week and a lot of evidence as you mentioned has surfaced that was left out from the documentary. It was pretty much one sided in Avery's way making him look like he was set up. The nephew's story was back and forth and his sister's early statement did not help him either. I do believe now that the nephew may have played a small role at the end, but we will never know the whole truth.

Steve Avery did get the shaft on the first case and paid dearly with 18 years of his life and missed raising an entire family.

The title "Making of a Murderer" seemed correct as that is what happened when he was wrongly convicted the first time.

Steve Avery did get the shaft on the first case and paid dearly with 18 years of his life and missed raising an entire family.
Oh absolutely.

The title "Making of a Murderer" seemed correct as that is what happened when he was wrongly convicted the first time.
Yeah I kind of thought of it the same way. The one thing that kept me on his side for so long was I just kept thinking to myself "After spending 18 years in prison for something you didn't do and when you potentially stand to make enough money in a lawsuit to be set for life.... why in the F would you go and do something like this?" But the more I thought of it, 1) He had like a 70-something IQ, and 2) Spending all that time wrongfully imprisoned obviously can have a significant effect on the psyche.

But really just never know what's going on in someone else's head or how their mind works. If he did it he is where he belongs no doubt. Even still there is some part of me that kind of feels bad for him. Because you have to think.... if he didn't get locked up that first time how would his life had turned out? He did some bad things for sure but he was young, poor, and not very smart. He had a family he seemingly loved. Lots of people do a lot of growing up and get their life on track throughout their 20's. It's very possible he would not have fallen into that category but he never even got the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back