Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanford and Son is probably my favorite sitcom of all time. I can recite a lot of that dialog from repeated viewing over the years. Now this is a show that kicks the PC crowd in the balls.. Fred always threatening to beat up Esther n all..

Streetbeater is the name of the intro song - as written an performed by this chick's dad:

The-Office-rashida-jones-325361_399_599.jpg
She's very exotic looking... was her dad in the military?

So many shows of the past can be questioned as to whether it would be greenlit or even successful these days, sadly.

Then imagine what the viewers in the past would think about the plethora of murder shows today!

Yup. You can disembowel a man and show every gory detail but you can't see a boob or offend someone the wrong way..
Ironically I was watching Sanford and Son this weekend and it was the episode where all the adults were losing their mind that Fred's niece was sharing a place with another girl and a guy... So edgy!

Agreed though I thought it was better in the 90s. I liked the Kirsty Alley years better than the Shelley Long years.

I recently, last year, watched Cheers. Currently like season 7 of Fraizer

anyways....

Cheers is much slower paced than MwC and of course not as crude

Al Bundy is a hero

Sanford and Son is probably my favorite sitcom of all time. I can recite a lot of that dialog from repeated viewing over the years. Now this is a show that kicks the PC crowd in the balls.. Fred always threatening to beat up Esther n all..

Streetbeater is the name of the intro song - as written an performed by this chick's dad:

The-Office-rashida-jones-325361_399_599.jpg

Did you ever watch Cheers?

Hard to find people who enjoyed the show seeing as it was a late night show here and I only knew about it because my parents lived it. I have all the seasons on dvd

At the time I am typing this post, I took at look at all the posts starting at page 365 totaling 128 posts.

47 Superhero show posts: Avvie, Sawdust, Gunny, Tweezy, Playmaker, RTH

43 Posts about non-Superhero shows: Cruds, Dunce, Playmaker, GoT, Smash, Sawdust, RTH, Gunny, Wildwar

28 Posts complaining about Alex or commenting about complaints regarding Alex: Gunny, RTH, Avvie, Sawdust, Playmaker, Cruds, GoT

10 Posts alex complaining: Alex

At some point I know that at least three regular forum members, myself @CRUDS and @Deuce Wayne have complained that the Superhero posts drown out discussion of other TV shows in this thread.

There is a post at the bottom of page 366 asking if anyone watched non-superhero show that is immediately drowned out by a page of superhero discussion. I certainly believe it is plausible that most members don't "catch up" on this thread by reading tens of pages of posts to see if they find something interesting to discuss in the thread. I propose most would check the last page, think "oh yeah superhero show, I'm not interested" and move on.

I also hypothesize that there is a direct correlation between my complaining posts, followed by complaining about me, that then somehow leads to a new post discussing a non-superhero tv show.

I wasn't super careful in keeping track of names so it's possible I missed one on the above. However it is amazing to me that 6 people have posted in 37% of the last 128 posts discussing a direct sub-genre of all TV shows, yet would rather continue to mix that discussion in an all encompassing TV show thread rather than have their own dedicated to only discussing the sub-genre topic that truly interest them. Keep in mind that 30% of posts in the last 128 are complaint/joke post in some form or another.

67% of this thread in the last 128 posts has either been superhero related, or complaints regarding superhero domination of the thread.

Bump

Did you ever watch Cheers?

Hard to find people who enjoyed the show seeing as it was a late night show here and I only knew about it because my parents lived it. I have all the seasons on dvd

I watched it occasionally ages ago. Haven't seen an episode in two decades probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back