Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly, some of the details I've read stated that James Franco plays twins in this show.
They really should be careful not to run it alongside Vinyl on a Sunday night..

Ha nice Lawrence Gilliard shot with mutton steaks..

lawrencegillard-deuce-eastvillage.jpg

For someone such as myself who has never read the comic, last night's episode explained a few motivations. Specifically Tulip, who without any insight previously seemed to be just randomly being a bitch.. I'm liking the show more..

Preacher

Tulip allowed Cassidy to **** her last night, so... that was weird.

For someone such as myself who has never read the comic, last night's episode explained a few motivations. Specifically Tulip, who without any insight previously seemed to be just randomly being a *****.. I'm liking the show more..
The show can be pretty good... if you can separate it from the source material. The characters and motivations are butchered pretty badly.

Even the essence of the source material is in question.

Just the way it is when literature is adapted to film with changes... fans of the original are going to be disappointed in some way.

Ray Donovan started last night. Seems like they have a pretty simple formula at this point.

It did seem pretty formulaic to me. It's showtime so I hope they pull the plug before it gets dextered

The whole sibling in love thing really made me think about that.

Got three episodes in on this show.
It's uh, kinda brutal..
Worth checking if you have Cinemax, which is quietly becoming a player w these stark TV dramas..

OutcastVol1_Cover.jpg

For someone such as myself who has never read the comic, last night's episode explained a few motivations. Specifically Tulip, who without any insight previously seemed to be just randomly being a *****.. I'm liking the show more..
I enjoyed this week's episode quite a bit. It is SO different than the comics though as RTH said, it is kind of hard to separate. I'm a fan but still think they are lollygaggin a bit too much.

Anyone else watch Silicon Valley? If so how did you like this season compared to the others?

Also about to finish up the new season of Orange is the New Black. Got 2 episodes left. I think it's better than last season but still not as good as the first couple.

I enjoyed this week's episode quite a bit. It is SO different than the comics though as RTH said, it is kind of hard to separate. I'm a fan but still think they are lollygaggin a bit too much.

Is Odin Quincannon a regular character in the comics?
Seemed like that character was doomed to be unimportant after the episode previous - then bam - he's relevant once again.

I've followed Jackie Earle Haley since he played a young girl in The Day of The Locust. A really unique and interesting chap to say the least - and a wild ride of a career that led to actually being as low as being a pizza delivery guy before scoring the Freddie Kruger gig..

Is Odin Quincannon a regular character in the comics?
Seemed like that character was doomed to be unimportant after the episode previous - then bam - he's relevant once again.

I've followed Jackie Earle Haley since he played a young girl in The Day of The Locust. A really unique and interesting chap to say the least - and a wild ride of a career that led to actually being as low as being a pizza delivery guy before scoring the Freddie Kruger gig..
He's a big antagonist in, let's face it, one of the weakest storylines in the comic.

That's why so many "asked" why Quincannon is in the first season.

But it's a different town... some big stuff happens for Jesse during that arc, but not Odin-related.

Jesse and Odin have zero relation prior, though.

And I gotta bump Outcast once again, which in some ways is similar to Preacher. Albeit considering the fact that the show is way more dramatic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back