Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a new show on Netflix called Stranger Things. I enjoyed it. full of 80's clichés but not necessarily in a bad way.

@CRUDS may want to check it out. Pays homage to a lot of that 80's horror and Spielberg.
I'm ten minutes into it and yeah...lots of 80's and Speilberg, as well as 80's Stephen King.

finished Containment on CW...

watched last 5-6 episodes cause I had already watched the first 8 or so.

... but the story wound up being ok

would not rewatch or recommend

Last edited by a moderator:
So, latest Preacher...

There is no Saint of Killers, not really. He's just some guy that slaughtered a bunch of people and his soul is in hell. He doesn't appear to be empowered by the devil or angel of death. He wasn't given that mantle, title, by the angel of death. He's just, let's face it, some guy that was in hell.

Sayonara Hell on Wheels.
Loved this show mostly - but I can't say it ended the way anyone would have expected or wanted.

While the railroad rush always seemed a bit secondary to Bohannon's trysts and losses on this show - in the end it was all about the railroad.
Most people probably forget The Sweed murdering the show's fair haired lady of the first two seasons, Lily Belle, or maybe Elam's plight to be a free man in the west, only to fall to a head injury and a confusing outcome. This show inherited Deadwood's dazed following and kept that fire going for a bit but the show's insistence on changing direction so often the fire burned out mostly.

Regardless, I will miss Bohannon and Durant..

4577336_orig_zps715213a8.jpg

Anson Mount portrays a great Southern/Western good-guy/bad-guy and would improve any number of shows out there should he land a role (Preacher etc come to mind), but I have a gut feeling he'll end up playing a cop on a lesser network show and probably be forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting into the 2nd episode... more Speilbergian than King. The dialogue and actors are good. Adapted King stories tend to have neither.
Even the music sounds 80s. Orchestral, that is.

Getting into the 2nd episode... more Speilbergian than King. The dialogue and actors are good. Adapted King stories tend to have neither.
Even the music sounds 80s. Orchestral, that is.
Yeah I love the whole vibe. Intro is legit AF. The kid actors are excellent too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back