Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sayonara Hell on Wheels.
Loved this show mostly - but I can't say it ended the way anyone would have expected or wanted.

While the railroad rush always seemed a bit secondary to Bohannon's trysts and losses on this show - in the end it was all about the railroad.
Most people probably forget The Sweed murdering the show's fair haired lady of the first two seasons, Lily Belle, or maybe Elam's plight to be a free man in the west, only to fall to a head injury and a confusing outcome. This show inherited Deadwood's dazed following and kept that fire going for a bit but the show's insistence on changing direction so often the fire burned out mostly.

Regardless, I will miss Bohannon and Durant..

4577336_orig_zps715213a8.jpg

Anson Mount portrays a great Southern/Western good-guy/bad-guy and would improve any number of shows out there should he land a role (Preacher etc come to mind), but I have a gut feeling he'll
end up playing a cop on a lesser network show and probably be forgotten.
I just got to season 3 but stopped due to other things coming get out, worth a finish?

So, latest Preacher...

There is no Saint of Killers, not really. He's just some guy that slaughtered a bunch of people and his soul is in hell. He doesn't appear to be empowered by the devil or angel of death. He wasn't given that mantle, title, by the angel of death. He's just, let's face it, some guy that was in hell.
Meant to reply to this earlier. Yeah that was a pretty bizarre angle to take with the character. Perhaps more explanation is coming?

I can't really make up my mind on this show. I mean, I'm definitely enjoying it. But some of the changes they've made are head scratching to say the least. And the finale next week damn sure better be explosive as hell. Because the show has just kinda been meandering around all season. There are so many interesting storylines that have yet to be, or barely been, tapped thus far. And I don't see a Walking Dead-esque run with this show.

Yeah I love the whole vibe. Intro is legit AF. The kid actors are excellent too.
It just hit me... Super 8. It reminds me of that movie. IF the story was smoother and not rushed. That's why it has that Speilbergian vibe - that movie got the same praise when it came out.

Oh yeah... and if Super 8 was good. That too.

It just hit me... Super 8. It reminds me of that movie. IF the story was smoother and not rushed. That's why it has that Speilbergian vibe - that movie got the same praise when it came out.

Oh yeah... and if Super 8 was good. That too.

Yeah I definitely though Goonies/Super8/Momster Squad here.
Have a few more to go..
Definitely good stuff..

Stranger Things is yet again a show people are going crazy over and it just doesn't do anything for me.

Beyond the nostalgic vibe of it, 2 episodes watched and neither made me care to see the next one.

Stranger Things is yet again a show people are going crazy over and it just doesn't do anything for me.

Beyond the nostalgic vibe of it, 2 episodes watched and neither made me care to see the next one.
No dudes dressed as chics. Makes sense you wouldn't be down with it.
A bunch of ten year lids have way better acting skills than you. Makes sense you wouldn't be down with it.
Beautiful Natalia dyer. Makes sense you wouldn't be down with it

No dudes dressed as chics. Makes sense you wouldn't be down with it.
A bunch of ten year lids have way better acting skills than you. Makes sense you wouldn't be down with it.
Beautiful Natalia dyer. Makes sense you wouldn't be down with it

Or... I just didn't care for it.

And I've got students better than those kids. Their direction is on point though.

I didn't dislike it, it just doesn't make me want to watch it.

Usually my issue with series. Either they take too long to get going for me to enjoy or they stall midway through and I lose interest.

I didn't dislike it, it just doesn't make me want to watch it.

Usually my issue with series. Either they take too long to get going for me to enjoy or they stall midway through and I lose interest.
I will admit the nostalgia factor definitely adds to it. But I think it's a very strong series by its own right. Writing, acting, everything excellent IMO. Honestly probably my favorite Netflix series overall.

I was hooked from the first episode.

So, Preacher finale. It was pretty good. IDK, I still feel like this season didn't tell enough of a story or really even have enough meaningful conflict. Season 2 is setup quite nicely though.

So, Preacher finale. It was pretty good. IDK, I still feel like this season didn't tell enough of a story or really even have enough meaningful conflict. Season 2 is setup quite nicely though.
Pretty good finale. Good first episode. 8 mediocre ones.

Finally getting into the meat of the story.

Still pissed they messed with the characters motivations and changed some altogether. These changes will prevent the series from being great, in my opinion.

Pretty good finale. Good first episode. 8 mediocre ones.

Finally getting into the meat of the story.

Still pissed they messed with the characters motivations and changed some altogether. These changes will prevent the series from being great, in my opinion.
Yeah, pretty much agree. I expected they'd get on the road during this first season. We haven't even really got into Saint of Killers yet. How effen far off is Herr Starr gonna be?

Yeah, pretty much agree. I expected they'd get on the road during this first season. We haven't even really got into Saint of Killers yet. How effen far off is Herr Starr gonna be?
They teased him when that map was given to some mysterious figure watching some kind of... name escapes me, gore film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back