Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm old though, man. Anything 80's vibe at least starts off well for me.

Don't want it to seem like I don't like it.

Just curious about the buzz.

Anyone else watch Voltron on Netflix?

As someone who watched it and owned the diecast lions back in the 80s - yes, they were awesome and made the owner of all 5 better than you by default - it's pretty good.

Great animation and voice work. Characters are solid. Writing is a mixed bag... good story but they try too hard for the comedy.

Not sure I can recommend to someone who hasn't seen or cared for the original.

Otherwise, check it out.

I really enjoy the series. Good time to catch up as I think next season is the final season.

I am on episode six now and the show has me hooked in. The fight on that slave ship was pretty cool. Plenty of intrigue.

The brutal rapes of that hot prostitute are pretty disturbing. They really do not hold back.

Not a fan of the Anne Bonney character. If memory serves the real Bonney was not so morose.

I am on episode six now and the show has me hooked in. The fight on that slave ship was pretty cool. Plenty of intrigue.

The brutal rapes of that hot prostitute are pretty disturbing. They really do not hold back.

Not a fan of the Anne Bonney character. If memory serves the real Bonney was not so morose.

Hmm I quite liked her in the show.

The composer is Bear McCreary who I've always enjoyed... Battlestar Galactica guy.

And the executive producer is......

none other than Michael Bay. Well he is one of many.

All the naval battles and fighting scenes are pretty well done. Some of the story will border on ridiculous but its mostly good. I really liked the characters, the setting, the effects. Everyone that I know that has given it a try has liked it.

Hmm I quite liked her in the show.

The composer is Bear McCreary who I've always enjoyed... Battlestar Galactica guy.

And the executive producer is......

none other than Michael Bay. Well he is one of many.

All the naval battles and fighting scenes are pretty well done. Some of the story will border on ridiculous but its mostly good. I really liked the characters, the setting, the effects. Everyone that I know that has given it a try has liked it.

Everyone I know who has seen it gave up after an episode or two. I have tried to talk them into going back and trying it again.

Stranger things picked up again in Ep 5.

I'm liking it enough to stay with it, but I really don't get the hype. It's an ok show, but the drama is pretty goofy. It's as if that old Nickelodeon show "Are You Afraid of the Dark" were done a bit better. I get going for the 80s vibe, but there are so many eye-rolling moments that are hard to ignore.

Luckily, I watched it like a day after it was released on Netflix. Had no clue what it was about, didn't even know it was getting released, just read the little description Netflix provides and figured I'd give it a shot.

Easier to form your own opinion, instead of everybody telling you must watch it because it's soooo good. Sets your expectations way too high.

I just started Homeland, noticed it's on Hulu now (don't have Showtime). Only a few episodes in and I'm hooked, guess I know where all my little free time is going now. 5 seasons at like 60 min per episode, crap. What did I get myself into?!

Well they are mixing her with the likes of Long John Silver so reality is out the window..
I like the show a lot. Last season was the best.

Reality may be out the window in that respect but the social history is accurate for the most part.

I am a good part of the way through the second season and it does keep getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back