Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't watched them in ages. Man I loved them when I was a kid. Still have vivid memories of sitting 3 feet in front of the TV with my cousin watching them on Saturday mornings.

I bet small children would still dig them. White millenials would have a field day though.

I always loved the musical episodes like the three little bops, rabbit of Seville and what's opera, doc?

And of course Wile e Coyote/road runner episodes.

My dad was basically a drunk, so he always slept in on Saturdays and had no idea what cartoons were being broadcast. Then we went on a trip and he saw Road Runner for the first time in the hotel room; he absolutely nearly asphixiated himself laughing EVERY SINGLE TIME Coyote got smacked. I thought he was gonna die when they pulled the multi-fail montages...five coyote smacks in 15 seconds or less??...somebody call 911!!

Speaking of Looney Tunes. I bought this for my theatre room:

DeskofMrCoyote_FringeFocus_Regular-940x313.png

Expanded thoughts on Walking Dead finale:

The writing has gotten so, so lazy. I think they are just banking on folks, like me, who really don't like the show but just keep on watching out of habit.

- The tiger. L. O. L. Probably the silliest moment in the entire series up to this point. The one moment in the finale that could've been truly badass and even remotely worth the season long slow burn..... and a f'ing tiger pops up out of nowhere and saves the day. Of the hundred or so bad guys who were there and had totally taken over the situation, not ONE of them saw the tiger (or the Kingdom for that matter) running directly toward their leader? And how exactly did the tiger know to attack Negan's people and the dumpster people but not any of the "good guys". Just beyond stupid.
- All that gunfire after having weapons pointed directly on them and of course not one of the major players is dead or even seriously hurt. Did anyone buy for a second that Michonne had fallen off the balcony? I doubt it.
- They totally showed their hand with that whole exchange between Michonne and the dumpster woman on the balcony. Dumpster woman says "We win." and then shoots a much too long smirk of pure evil. The backstabbing was painfully obvious right then and there.

This season was pure trash after the premiere.

The dumpster people were a terrible addition. @CRUDS' ugly ass transvestite crush was an awful character.

I was really hoping the show had regained its balls when Glen got killed, but nope.

The dumpster people were a terrible addition. @CRUDS' ugly ass transvestite crush was an awful character.

I was really hoping the show had regained its balls when Glen got killed, but nope.
Yeah that whole group is just so stupid and lame.

The biggest thing hurting this show right now, aside from the trash writing of course, is the fact that the "no one is safe" feel is long gone. I too was hoping Glen was the beginning of a new era but I guess it was just a weak offering from the writers. "We'll kill Glen. That should do for another couple of seasons." This whole Negan storyline felt like the perfect opportunity to do a major reset with the show and characters. Maybe that is ultimately still what will happen but as usual they are dragging things out wayyyyy too long. Negan came on the scene like a freight train and then has basically been neutered throughout this entire season.

Last edited by a moderator:
My expectations dropped awhile ago... but as a show to watch on Sunday night? Enjoyable.
It's just been something I was watching out of habit I suppose. But now I'm done. Season premiere aside, I can't even remember the last time I actually thoroughly enjoyed an episode. Too many great shows out there I still haven't seen to keep wasting time on this mess.

It's just been something I was watching out of habit I suppose. But now I'm done. Season premiere aside, I can't even remember the last time I actually thoroughly enjoyed an episode. Too many great shows out there I still haven't seen to keep wasting time on this mess.
I'm thinking the season premiere will be a flashback to learn more about Negan... and Lucille.

LOL The Tiger.. How does he know who's evil?
I have a grizzly bear with esp. He only kills Colts fans..

The only thing missing is super powers and this becomes a supes show.
You have Katana-Woman, Stick-Man, The Evil Nerd Genius, Barbed-Wire Batman, One-Eyed Robin, Two-Face, The Winged Angel..
You know someone in that focus group has brought up giving them powers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back