Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posed the question at IMDB and one dude said that Merlyn wants his blood debt to Ra's eliminated and the only way to do that is to kill him.
does this dead charge compound i terest or something?...

But that's more of a how than a why..we all know he owes a blood debt..cuz he killed Sara right? So why'd he have Thea do it? Cuz he could manipulate Ollie into fighting ras and getting killed and he can run away w his daughter w her never knowing a thing

Found it:

It's been a while, so we'll refresh you on this; the reason Oliver thought that the first League of Assassins member to take a shot at him was Malcolm Merlyn is simple: That's what Malcolm dressed like in the first season. Malcolm is a former member of the League who, as this episode reminded us, owes a blood debt to Ra's al Ghul. Ra's had previously put a bounty out on his life, and when Merlyn was seemingly killed by Oliver at the end of Season One, that was good enough for Ra's, who considered the matter put to rest. When Merlyn showed up at the Queen home trying to blackmail Oliver's mother into giving him access to their daughter Thea, Moira contacted Ra's and reported that her former lover was still alive.

http://comicbook.com/2014/12/11/arrow-easter-eggs-and-dc-comics-references-in-the-climb/

I believe that bounty was simply for leaving the LoA, or for destroying the Glades without permission.

Then yd he kill Sara!

Merlyn probably assumed that her mission was to kill him in retaliation. That may have been her mission for all I know, but Nyssa followed her. Suddenly there's LoA agents everywhere, so it makes sense that Merlyn would think they were coming for him. He makes the first defensive move: trains Thea as an ally and uses her to take a swipe at Ra's AND his daughter. mayhem ensues.

To get Ra's to focus on Ollie and clear his debt by having Ollie kill him
I don't think Merlyn thought Oliver could kill Ra's. But if Oliver took on the debt and fought Ra's the debt would be cleared. So Merlyn is free and Oliver is dead, win-win for him.

I like Gotham, but... kill the Fish subplot. Getting annoying and I only care for that character a bit at a time.

She almost gets the second-most attention on that show.

I like arrow but I keep thinking how funny it is these rich bass white folk were spoiled brats a few months/years ago now they got connects w the l.o.a. and fight them and are bad asses. It just cracks me up

I like arrow but I keep thinking how funny it is these rich bass white folk were spoiled brats a few months/years ago now they got connects w the l.o.a. and fight them and are bad asses. It just cracks me up

Well it's a TV show so I won't delve too much into it but the contact is Sarah who was found by Nyssa - which they banged - and she became a member.
Sarah back to Starling, know Oliver - they banged - and LOA all up in their grill for some reason.
Oliver knows Malcolm - they didn't bang - who faked his death. He sought out the league when his wife died. Did the undertaking which put him on a death order, faked his death and used Thea\Oliver as a scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back