Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
watched the first season of true detective and really liked it. one thimg though, why does woody harrelson feel the need to act like he has lockjaw every time he plqys a cop.

The wife and I started watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt last night. Really funny Netflix series. I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Burned through 4 or 5 episodes back-to-back.

watched the first season of true detective and really liked it. one thimg though, why does woody harrelson feel the need to act like he has lockjaw every time he plqys a cop.
I recently watched it too. Absolutely loved it. Wish it would've ended a little better but an amazing piece of television nonetheless.

Yeah, I know I'm waaay behind the times here but I've only been doing tv recently...
The wife and I have taken up Dexter. First season was great; not what I thought it would be. Lots left in the queue for that show.

Yeah, I know I'm waaay behind the times here but I've only been doing tv recently...
The wife and I have taken up Dexter. First season was great; not what I thought it would be. Lots left in the queue for that show.
Sadly that show experiences a rapid and neverending decline starting around season 4 or 5 (can't remember the exact seasons at this point). That said it's still some great television overall. Imo it's worth seeing through to the end even though the finale is one of the most ridiculous series finales I've ever seen.

The showrunner couldn't help themselves but to ruin Dexter in a big way.
If you can stop watching at the conclusion of season 4 you won't be disappointed so much.

The completionist in me wouldn't have bee able to stop at the end of Dexter S4. Although I wish I could have. I was watching the show live by S5 anyways. I remember watching the first three seasons of BB and first four seasons of Dexter back to back several summers ago. Good times. BB continued its greatness. Dexter turned into absolutely ass.

I also wish Dexter's creators/writers would've been smart enough to pack everything that actually mattered from S5-S8 into one or two seasons. Could've wrapped the show up nicely had they not been concerned with dragging it on forever.

The series finale was by far the worst of any series finale I've ever seen. Absolutely atrocious.

I've watched that season 3 times now, absolutely love that show.

Thought the show peaked too soon in the middle. Ending was still very good but it was a tad anti climatic.

The Flash and Agents of Shield were both great tonight.

Also, I think I'm going to start The Wire soon. The Sopranos has always been my favorite HBO show but I have pretty high expectations for this one.

The Flash and Agents of Shield were both great tonight.

Also, I think I'm going to start The Wire soon. The Sopranos has always been my favorite HBO show but I have pretty high expectations for this one.
Flash was great. Everytime I think I have Wells figured out they throw a curveball.

The Wire is freaking awesome. Takes a few episodes to really get going but once it does it's an amazing ride. Doesn't quite top Sopranos in my book though.

Flash was great. Everytime I think I have Wells figured out they throw a curveball.

The Wire is freaking awesome. Takes a few episodes to really get going but once it does it's an amazing ride. Doesn't quite top Sopranos in my book though.

That preview for the rest of the season though...holy crap.

Yeah I love The Sopranos, probably watched it at too early of an age so I'm going back through the series again. Decided to finish that and then try out The Wire. If it's anything close to it at least then I'll be happy.

Yeah I love The Sopranos, probably watched it at too early of an age so I'm going back through the series again. Decided to finish that and then try out The Wire. If it's anything close to it at least then I'll be happy.
I'm actually getting ready to run through The Sopranos again. It's been several years since I last watched it and I've been getting the itch. It's definitely my favorite TV drama of all time.

I actually wouldn't argue with anyone who said The Wire is the better written and more consistent show. But I just love the characters on The Sopranos and that whole world so much. So that makes me a lot more forgiving of the lulls or like that stupid dream episode.

The Wire is entirely different than The Sopranos.
Sopranos borrows a lot from Goodfellas, Bronx Tale, Mean Streets etc early on and is immediately familiar to to fans of Scorcese mafia fantasy tales, complete with the ridiculously OTT personalities etc. The story, especially in the beginning is even told in a similar fashion so it hooks ya right off.
The Wire takes a minute to establish itself but the payoff in the end is so much more.

Last night on The Hulk, Mackenzie Phillips was a troubled, David Bowie-esque rock star. She gave Bruce Banner a job as a roadie and he transformed into the Hulk on stage and saved her from getting electrocuted.

Now THAT'S quality television.

140708_2797039_Metamorphosis_zpssk8yzski.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back