Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: QB Billy Volek plans to rest and spend time with his family before training camp begins on July 28. He also plans to spend some extra time with his WRs. "I have a plan to meet with some of the wide receivers out in Arizona," Volek said. "There’s a little camp out there a lot of the guys around the league go to. David Givens and I are talking about it, and Bobby Wade, and if I can drag Drew [Bennett] out there, it will help out too. It’s just to go out there and carry us through till the season, and to get our timing down." Volek's goal is for the Titans to have two 1,000-yard receivers in 2006 as the team did in '04 when Bennett and Derrick Mason combined for 2,400 receiving yards.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

i like seeing some leadership out of Volek. hopefully the guys (bennett) will listen to him and follow his lead. if he is in fact going to lead our team for the '06 season then it's important that the guys respect him enough to put in some extra work when the QB is asking for it.

I love seeing this kind of attitude and leadership from the QB position. I think Billy can really have a solid year if the O-Line can just keep him clean.

Jwill1919 said:
I love seeing this kind of attitude and leadership from the QB position. I think Billy can really have a solid year if the O-Line can just keep him clean.

Your right...It all depends on the O-line...

If the O-Line does its job then great, he can do his thing

Leadership is a huge vital quality, if the guys are paying close attention to what he wants done it can only be good for the team

Volek and Givens may be talking about it but I read somewhere, about two weeks ago, that Givens was going back to Houston and working out with Young.

LazyManJackson said:
If the O-Line does its job then great, he can do his thing

Its not just the o-line. A lot of his sacks last year came from holding on to the ball too long.

That said, I like his initiative. I'd love nothing more than to have him keep Vince on the bench til '08. Thats not a knock on Vince, but it'd give him more time to develop, and take a year of wear and tear off Vince's career.

okay....2008 is a little bit too long for me personally...but yeah i would like to see Volek be successful...but if he is really succesfull....isn't rosenhaus gonna seek a trade prob?

Its been a long time since we had a QB wanting to work with our receivers in off times. It will build coinfidence timing and trust between them. Volek has a proven he can throw the football in the NFL and this attitude demonstrates he is willing to do what it takes to win. Coach Chow is known as a great QB coach and hopefully his time with Volek has improved his ability to get rid of the ball before the rush gets to him. If the OL can protect him, get the running game going and Volek gets rid of the ball on time this extra work could lead to a suprising year.

Man, this is Peyton Manning initiative right here! No, I am not going to dare to compare Volek to Manning, but I like this attitude. What makes Manning so successful is working with WRs in the off-season and communicating frequently with them. If we would have kept McNair, you wouldn't have seen him in AZ trying to better our game. The Titans couldn't even get him to go to manditory practices, let alone any extra practices. This is the attitude that I can see leading our team to victory. Billy has the effort, patience, and attitude. Now we will see if he has the game come August. IMO, I think he does.

Titansfan10 said:
okay....2008 is a little bit too long for me personally...but yeah i would like to see Volek be successful...but if he is really succesfull....isn't rosenhaus gonna seek a trade prob?

I really like Billy and don't think it's out of the question to think that he could have a great year or two in Tennessee ! He know's that this will likely be his only chance to show the NFL world that he is a starting caliber QB...However, no matter how it goes, he also know's that he has AT THE VERY MOST (and probably far less than) two years before he is released and VY takes over.

All the extra work in the world won't stop the train that is Vince Young from bearing down on Volek and eventually running him over.

Choo choo....chugg chugg chugg chugg.....choo choo......

wplatham said:
I'm tired of ESPN. But I'll save that rant for later.

YEP...Tennessee would have to win their first 8 games before ESPN would even notice.

They are, IMO a lap dog to the North East coast teams. They might, every once in awhile say something nice about the Giant Market teams...just because there are so many people in those markets.

I could go on and on...but I'll stop before I get a nosebleed

That's my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back