Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Maybe we can use it to get a decent Olineman with experience under his belt in a trade :brow: Possibly a good DB if the Olineman thing doesn't work out... Good Idea? Possibility? What caliber of player could we get for a 4th rounder? An 11 year vet, 3 time pro-bowl lineman or DB... :greedy:

Sukrillux said:
Maybe we can use it to get a decent Olineman with experience under his belt in a trade :brow: Possibly a good DB if the Olineman thing doesn't work out... Good Idea? Possibility? What caliber of player could we get for a 4th rounder? An 11 year vet, 3 time pro-bowl lineman or DB... :greedy:
Draft a college player next year is a possiblity:brow:

yeah, let's trade that 4th back to baltimore next year for d-mase after a year of boller handing off to lewis and anderson, dmase has had enough and wants to end his career with the titans... lol

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
possession receiver, sort of like Calico, but with the ability to catch.

Mason anyone? anyone?
I wouldnt call Calico a possession WR...he's more of a big play WR. Our possession WR are Bennett, Williams and Jones(but all can make the big plays)

It's harder to call him "big play"... uhh... moving on...

Sledge I was going for the Mason was a 4 angle there...
good joke... seriously, this is a bunk topic.

I hate to dis it, but it is joke worthy considering we have no idea where we are going be standing after a season, and a second day pick no less...

I'd rather talk about my Powerball winnings :greedy: if you know what I'm saying... but on a serious note I want a BIG (size) receiver with a mid round pick.

I do have O-line concerns, but I want to build in the draft...
I'd also like to see Reese be a weee bit more conservative and take a few "safe" picks.

(how many of you are used to seeing Bipolar so serious?) :lol:

I wasn't talking about using the 4th round pick that we just acquired in next year's draft. I was talking a trade this offseason to get a lineman or DB. This topic just came up in my mind, because I thought the Titans could use their now 'extra' 4th round pick to get some use out of it this year. Maybe it is a bit of a "win now" approach, but it seemed like a logical thing to do for this situation. Is there a type of rule that you can't trade a pick that was just traded to you? I thought that maybe it would be of help to the Titans this year to go ahead and use it... maybe not. Stop this crazy talk of next year's draft. It's way to early and time already flies way too fast. Is that cool with you all?

Sukrillux said:
I wasn't talking about using the 4th round pick that we just acquired in next year's draft. I was talking a trade this offseason to get a lineman or DB.
I realize that. I just don't like the idea. I have no idea if there is a rule against it. Trade away our fourth instead while you are at it. Why give away the "good" pick?:winker: Maybe your idea is gold. This is my initial take. I'd like to see what Starkiller, RollTide and TitanJeff think about this approach. The main flaw I suppose may be a lack of viable FA's. I want a 4 year pro. Not a McVet so to speak. Hell, let's see if we can deal JMAC back. (I see the conflict with my statements) Word is his stock is down. Bipolar has a week 1 theory.

jetsuck.gif

There's no reason to trade any picks for players right now, IMHO. We have pretty good depth across the board and a lot of young guys who could use experience. Plus, there are a handful of guys still unsigned who could be signed cheap (i.e. CB Ahmed Plummer, OG Kendyl Jacox)

Its hard to say what we wnat to get come late April when its June 9th...(World Cup). But if we have a very average season, perhaps stretching for the .500 record, we might go with a receiver, I like bipolar's request of a Mason type player and that would be good.

Of course it could be a 3rd rounder, which IMO, is unlikey, but hey, we can always trade our original 3rd round pick for a player like last year, ey......

Sukrillux said:

We could use the pick to get a vet OG similar in talent as Olsen or Pillar.:bricks:

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
It's harder to call him "big play"... uhh... moving on...
When you consider Calico's attributes 6'4 225, sub 4.4 40 yard dash and compare them to Randy Moss, TO, and other big play WR, they are similar. Calico was drafted becuase of his big play potential. Right now, he needs to work on his catching(it was said to have improved durastically) in the offseason after his injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back