Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've probably got to consider trade offers, but I'd prefer we keep Brown and try to resign him if he doesn't break the bank next year. At least that should be the plan until it's clear that Henry can be the man again, or until we see that Lendale can be the man. Yeah, Brown's hurt alot, but when he plays he's a real threat. We don't have many big play types on offense (VY will become that), and I don't think we should give that up without serious consideration.

If we trade Brown I'd love to see a cornerback as part of the deal if possible.

Put it this way - without Brown our running game becomes much more suspect this year. A Brown/White combo (assuming White works out) isn't the perfect mix of speed and brawn, but it's not bad.

Gunny said:
Donnie Edwards is with the Chargers isn't he?

Yeah, that was a mistake. LT got run down last year and missed some time. Maybe they'de be into spelling him with Brown. Crazy? I think....

so.

Dangermode said:
Yeah, that was a mistake. LT got run down last year and missed some time. Maybe they'de be into spelling him with Brown. Crazy? I think....

so.
they also have a very good back up running back in michael "the burner" turner.

Donnie edwards?

Just what we need a 33 year old backup outside linebacker. :sad2:

The chargers are the last team that would need or want chris brown. Turner averaged 5.9 yards a carry backing up LT and he is a year younger than brown. :sad2:

Trading RBs...

How many trades do you see with running backs? The only time a decent guy changes teams is due to free agency, rarely a trade. In the case of brown teams could just wait until after the year to sign him.

The only chance for a brown trade would be a camp injury in which a team is desperate for a quality back.

Actually one of the teams that might want and could use brown are the colts. Brown has played well against them and brown is a nice fit for that offense.

Fisher is going to ruin his career. I feel like some players in the NFL get a raw deal and Chris Brown is going to be one of 'em. Splitting time at RB is going to end what could have been a nice career. He's almost been shelved as a rb at this point. I think he deserves one more chance to carry the load full time. But don't see it happening. Anywhere.

If we keep Brown, 3 things will influence everything.

First, who performs the best. If one back is clearly outperforming the others, he'll get the bulk. If there isn't much difference, we'll see a rotation to keep people fresh.

Second, Brown is in his walk year. It makes sense for the Titans not to make him the fulltime back (and get a ton of stats) IF he's not clearly outperforming the others. Why? So we can re-sign him. If he ends up with half the carries and 550 yards and 5 TD's, he's not exactly going to be demanding top money in FA. On the other hand, he might not want to stay in a place where he's one guy in a committee at RB.

Third, can he stay healthy. Brown ALWAYS gets hurt but he does have talent. But Fisher places high value on durability. We don't want to sign a RB for big money if the guy only plays 2/3 of the season.

Gut

I'd trade him for one of those new Texas whoppers at burger king

<image src="http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2264/37/320/texas.jpg">

RollTide said:
How many trades do you see with running backs? The only time a decent guy changes teams is due to free agency, rarely a trade.

Clinton Portis, Ricky Williams, Corey Dillon, Marshall Faulk, Reuben Droughns... all traded. And all better RBs than Chris Brown.

On his level... Travis Henry, Ahman Green, Thomas Jones....

It happens a lot more than you think.

flamehead2 said:
A VERY misleading statistic

Maybe, but maybe not. Brown's average was on almost 3 times as many carries, but Henry did get the ball 88 times. If you've got a problem with his pot smoking that's fine, but both backs were pretty comparable behind the same line last year.

PhiSlammaJamma said:
Fisher is going to ruin his career. I feel like some players in the NFL get a raw deal and Chris Brown is going to be one of 'em. Splitting time at RB is going to end what could have been a nice career. He's almost been shelved as a rb at this point. I think he deserves one more chance to carry the load full time. But don't see it happening. Anywhere.
no, the thing ruinning brown's career is his inability to stay on the field on a game to game basis.

flamehead2 said:
This will be his last season in the NFL and I'll bet anyone here $50 I'm right

I'll call you on this one, but let's change this up a bit. If Henry isn't on someone's roster at the start of next season (2007) I'll make a $50 contribution to the charity of your choice. If he is on someone's roster, you'll make a $50 contribution to the charity of my choice.

Do we have a deal?

Folks, we can't trade this guy period. White has yet to practice so we don't know if he can pick up the blitz. Henry is just a snort away from us wishing we had CB back. This is not even a rumor, some reporter was in Houston and asked a question and he answered that they need a guy like CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back