Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Rookie RB LenDale White know it will be training camp before he can show what he can do on the field. White is still recovering from the torn hamstring that cost him being able to run a 40 time at his pro day and ultimately contributed to his falling out of the first round of the NFL Draft. But White is hopeful he'll be able to compete for carries against RBs Chris Brown and Travis Henry right away. "It’s going to be a lot of competition, and these guys are both good football players. I know they want to play, and I know I want to play," said White. "Chris has been here for a while and he’s not going to give his job up, and Travis is a great football player. It’s going to be great fun to see what happens. There’s going to be a lot of competition, and I think if we do compete in the way we should compete, it’s going to make the team better.”

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

White wont get upset about his carries he shared carries with Bush in college and he seems to have enormous respect for Coach Chow. IMO his relationship with Coach Chow will prevent a lot of problems these players sometimes have whem they get to the NFL. This guy could have a huge impact on our offense this year by making short yardage and scoring in the red zone and this will make the play action pass a much better weapon than the past couple of years when defenses didnt have to worry about the run in short yardage. He also showed the ability in college to break some big runs, he will have to be accounted for by the the defense, hes just what the offense needs.

Im so glad we got lendale. But I hope that his relationship with Chow, and Chow being bias towards someone who played before, doesnt hurt the TEAM in the long run when it comes to play calling and who gets the majority of the caries.

Da Architek said:
Im so glad we got lendale. But I hope that his relationship with Chow, and Chow being bias towards someone who played before, doesnt hurt the TEAM in the long run when it comes to play calling and who gets the majority of the caries.

and how would it? if he gets preferential treatment, I'm all for it! what has Brown done for us but waste good drives cuz he can't convert "expletive" 3rd and 1s?? And what has Henry done but get a 4-game suspension and amount to nothing on the field? our RBs are horrible, so I'm all for us giving Lendale all the carries he wants

Yea, we should just give White the ball every play. Brown stinks, Henry is worse but White is a HOF back even before he steps on the field. I'd put him the starting lineup right now. I bet if we cut Brown and Henry no other NFL team would even bother signing them they are so horrible. But White, a guy who should have gone #1 in the draft (if only teams really knew how great he really was) because he is such a stud will make every other back look like doo doo. And don't forget, White will never get hurt. That hammy was a freak thing but in the NFL White will play 10 seasons and never miss a single play. Man this kid is good. I can't wait for his hammy to heal so he can actually run in practice.

Soxcat said:
Yea, we should just give White the ball every play. Brown stinks, Henry is worse but White is a HOF back even before he steps on the field. I'd put him the starting lineup right now. I bet if we cut Brown and Henry no other NFL team would even bother signing them they are so horrible. But White, a guy who should have gone #1 in the draft (if only teams really knew how great he really was) because he is such a stud will make every other back look like doo doo. And don't forget, White will never get hurt. That hammy was a freak thing but in the NFL White will play 10 seasons and never miss a single play. Man this kid is good. I can't wait for his hammy to heal so he can actually run in practice.

get serious dude, read my message, not saying let's get rid of the other two, all i'm saying is do you really think chris brown and travis henry can get us over the top? brown is nothing special at RB. just look at last year, he was just horrible, and don't tell me otherwise. henry did nothing.

what i said was if eventually it become obvious that there seems to be a preference for white and he does well, i'm all for it. i'm not saying cut brown and henry now and white will be an all-pro...

Brown is just not an every down back. With the addition of a guy like White he does not have to take the work horse downs to get the tough yards.

Henry lost my respect in Buffalo when he let McGahee step in and just take his spot w/ his mouth.

Sledge said:
get serious dude, read my message, not saying let's get rid of the other two, all i'm saying is do you really think chris brown and travis henry can get us over the top? brown is nothing special at RB. just look at last year, he was just horrible, and don't tell me otherwise. henry did nothing.

what i said was if eventually it become obvious that there seems to be a preference for white and he does well, i'm all for it. i'm not saying cut brown and henry now and white will be an all-pro...

First of all we don't really know if White is going to be any better. I do think White will be a better 3rd and 1 back but I'm not sure he will be any better at getting us to 3rd and 1. Somebody has to average 4.5 yards on the other two playes. Also, you are basing your slam of Brown based on last year. What about the year before when he averaged 4.9 YPC.

Even a great back like Tomlinson would have been no better in YPC last year on the Titans (terrible blocking and no vertical passing game) and I can prove it. In 2004 Tomlinson only averaged 3.9 YPC. Actually his lifetime YPC is the same as Brown. I'm not saying Brown is one of the top NFL backs right now but he isn't chop liver. White has yet to even participate at full speed in an NFL practice.

BlazingArrow#9, Henry got scewed. He had two years with over 300 carries and over a 4.0 average and McGahee has not been any better.

Soxcat said:
First of all we don't really know if White is going to be any better. I do think White will be a better 3rd and 1 back but I'm not sure he will be any better at getting us to 3rd and 1. Somebody has to average 4.5 yards on the other two playes. Also, you are basing your slam of Brown based on last year. What about the year before when he averaged 4.9 YPC.

Even a great back like Tomlinson would have been no better in YPC last year on the Titans (terrible blocking and no vertical passing game) and I can prove it. In 2004 Tomlinson only averaged 3.9 YPC. Actually his lifetime YPC is the same as Brown. I'm not saying Brown is one of the top NFL backs right now but he isn't chop liver. White has yet to even participate at full speed in an NFL practice.

BlazingArrow#9, Henry got scewed. He had two years with over 300 carries and over a 4.0 average and McGahee has not been any better.

I am bashing Brown based on last year because he regressed. We'll see how he does this year, but as with McGahee, he was a stud in 2004 and regressed immensely last year. In both cases, it could be attributed to the fact that both offenses never got any flow going and the teams were falling behind early and running the ball is not the way to get back in a game. Because of that my Brown assessment might be a little harsh. And granted, if the offense sputters, which I think it will if Volek's in, I seriously don't think White, Brown or Henry will do anything this year.

The original statement was about Chow possibly giving White the preferrential treatment, and I just said I was not against it.

I'd be the first to boast #29 if he runs like he did in 2003-2004 this year, and it could very well happen, and I truly hope it does, cuz I know Brown is a better RB than he showed last year

Soxcat said:

I am aware of what happened to him but he never spoke up and let McGahee take his job.

If you were at work and some clown comes in telling everyone that you are crap and should be there backup you put the person in there place and let it be known who is the current and future starter until the loud mouth can prove a reason why not. Henry just stepped aside an did not put up a fight. It just showed a lack of drive to me anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back