Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might consider Cutler if trade down was an option, and I understand the play it safe mentality. But I don't want to play the avoid-getting-burned game or the let's-have-the-most-ready-QB game. Bump that stuff. So if both QBs started in their 2nd year and Young led his team to a 4-12 season and Cutler leads his to a 7-9 season, but in the next year or two, when Young is "ready" and is lighting it up living up to his potential putting his team perenially in the playoffs and doing successfully freakish things, whereas Cutler is having his modicum of success (who knows about all this, but), what I'm saying is the QB pick is about the long game, not the short one. As a GM, I'm going to bank on who is going to be better eventually. It's not a foregone conclusion that Cutler will be any more ready than Young, but even if he is, he will also hit his ceiling first. Young won't.

I hope they take either Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler with the 3rd pick. Texans, with the 1st pick restructured Carr's contract so there in no need of a qb and want to trade down. Saints signed Brees and are in no need of a qb and want to trade down. The Jets were threatening to go for the 1st or second pick ahead of the titans and would steal a qb but they signed ramsey so they again are in no need of a qb. so that leaves the titans at 3. in free agency they already bulked up alot on defense by signing thornton which i think would be a great tandem with bulluck, and signed hope which would give them good safety help which they've needed in past seasons. Plus signing mawae and givens which gives them a veteran at wr besides bennett. since the great air McNair only has 1 more year on his contract, it would behoove the titans to get a qb to learn a year under him. Ever since Vince Young's Wonderlic score ive been a bit worried n skeptical but maybe theres nothin to worry about i dont know. 1 other note is that the titans have ties with all 3 of these top rated qb's. Jay Cutler- Jeff Fisher coached him at the senior bowl. Matt Leinart- Norm Chow, the offensive coordinator for the titans was his offensive coordinator at U.S.C and Jeff Fisher also went to U.S.C. Vince Young- has been training and working out and has been buddies with Steve McNair ever since Vince was a sophmore in high school.

Nice first post:winker:
Young won it so he was drafted but I liked what he said about the FA signings and the scenorios for the Titans

I would say Vince Young

image001.gif

matt lienart, is the pick, but hes not up there, i have a feeling something gay will happen in the draft, like some trades before the titans and then the titans get screwed, idk why everyone wants a OL with the third pick, its easy to draft a OL in middle rounds and them end up being good, but quarterbacks like lienart and young come around once every 10 years, especailly in the same draft.....i think someone will trade houston to get bush, then someone will trade NO to get lienart or young, who ever dotn get drafted we are getting, and cutler wont go to the titans, our Gm already said hes not worth the 3rd pick, and he difintly isnt better than young or leinart....

Got to draft Vince, he refuses to lose. To much talent, I honestly feel this guy will be very special. He just has that X-Factor ability to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back