Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: CB Andre Woolfolk has been turning some heads at Titans training camp and, according to his coach, quietly improving as he enters his fourth season. "Once you get into your third or your fourth year and you've been hampered and set back by injuries -- one, you have to stay healthy, and secondly, you have to make plays. That's what we're looking for from him right now," Fisher said. Woolfolk has battled numerous injuries throughout his career along with some consistency issues. He's hoping his improvement may earn him a spot in the lineup. "I feel like knowledge isn't the part holding me back," Woolfolk said. "It's just I've got to make sure I produce when I'm out there. If they see potential in me and I go out and fail, that's no good. I've got to make sure I'm consistent and stay on the field."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Woolfolk has the talent good size and speed but may lack the football instincts it takes to be a great corner. He always seems to be a step late reacting or getting to where he needs to be. I hope he can stay healthy and compete with "The Chosen One" may the best man win but I wouldn't worry to much about Hills performance in the 1st half of the 1st exibition game. It would be nice to have depth at corner with 3 excellent CBs.

Hill seems to be a solid corner though and will only improve as time goes, Woolfolk will stay on the team for depth and should be a good answer for the nickel corner.... Unless whenever Waddell returns then there may be competition, Fuller doesn't impress me at all and i would have to think Woolfolk could hold back Fuller

Was that a staff report from last year?

Woolfolk is entering his 4th season not his third..

His football life is on the line. I'm sure he doesn't want to be a 500k a year backup somewhere. With 4 training camps and 3 seasons under his belt seasoning is not the issue any longer.

Titanfan10...

The coaching staff is certainly impressed with fuller. He is the starting nickel at least at this point and beat out waddell for that spot last season as a rookie.

RollTide said:
I'm sure he doesn't want to be a 500k a year backup somewhere.

I wish my position was like that. I do a mediocre job and they cut my salary to 500K.

Fuller had the only real interception of the preseason so far. Woolf's was nice but it was a duck at the end of the half. I am glad to see Fuller back in last years form personally.

We need to keep all this stuff in perspective. What happens in the first few weeks of camp and the preseason often times changes before the season starts. Anything can happen.

He's not getting any more pub than Pacman, Gardner and Raymond are for their play so far. It's encouraging to see but I won't put much into it until we get deep into the preseason.

I love Reynaldo. Don't get me wrong but I'm backing Woolfolk. I like a darkhorse. Woolfolk will look awesome. Hear me know, believe me later...

be looking for him to tear it up...

hans.jpg

he will PUMP YOU UP!

I thought Hill played alright on Saturday. He wasn't great, but he was alright. He didn't get beat badly, and often his WR just got a great throw. I'd like to see more from Hill, but I'm not going to say he had a terrible game. It was just average.

Fuller's INT was a deflection, so I'm not sure it was "real" either, whatever that means. Woolfolk should have had a real INT, but he dropped it.

cld12pk2go said:
I was expecting much better play by Hill.
Let's keep in mind Hill is getting himself ready for the opener. Woolfolk is fighting for his professional life. Who do you expect to take chances in the 1st pre-season game?

Brian said:
Let's keep in mind Hill is getting himself ready for the opener... Who do you expect to take chances in the 1st pre-season game?
I would expect them all to play like their fighting for their jobs. Neither can slack off, thinking they're a lock.

Hoffa said:
I would expect them all to play like their fighting for their jobs. Neither can slack off, thinking they're a lock.
A bit of a stretch to suggest that "getting ready for the opener" means Hill is "slacking off".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back