Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
November 12, 2006. Baltimore Ravens at Tennessee. Steve McNair is announced as the starting quarterback for the Baltimore Ravens. Do you cheer or jeer?

Last year, both Derrick and Samari got cheers when they were introduced. But in my mind, there is a big difference. Mason and Rolle were both released as salary cap casualties, and signed with Baltimore in free agency.

If Steve becomes a Raven, its going to be because he refused efforts to extend his contract and forced a trade/release. Obviously its a little more complicated than that, but that is really the gist of it. Steve could easily sign a reasonable contract, be the starter here for two more years, and retire as the greatest franchise QB this team has ever seen (please note, I still think Warren Moon was a better QB, but he was not the heart and soul of this franchise like Mac has been).

I'd probably boo. At best, I'd sit on my hands and say nothing. But I'm certainly not going to cheer Steve McNair as a Baltimore Raven.

If he's the quarterback for the Ravens and he's playing in our house against our team I want him to spend the day on the turf and I will cheer loudly every time KVB lays a hit on him. That said, I still wouldn't boo him unless he pulled a Marcus Vick or something.

Neither cheer nor boo.

While if playing against the Titans, I sure wouldn't cheer for him, I respect him too much as a player and humanitarian to boo him.

I couldn't do either. I'd boo our defense if we gave up big plays though. Lots of mixed emotions. Can't cheer for him on another team, especially the Ravens. Also have a hard time cheering for a guy that left our team for more money. But I just can't bring myself to boo him.

I would not only cheer for Mac, I'd be doing it on my feet.

Of course, once the game starts, I'd want him brutalized... :ha:

Cheering for a big hit to the sternum to end his day, just so I could evaluate Boellers progress with his mental snaps mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back