Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...c5nYcB?slug=cr-bush042306&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Yahoo! Sports report: Reggie Bush's family home

By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports
April 23, 2006

SPRING VALLEY, Calif. – In this sprawling hilltop community with a breathtaking view of Sweetwater Lake, it was no secret who lived in the 3,000-square-foot house at the corner of Apple Street and Luther Avenue.

That home, residents would tell you, was where Reggie Bush's family lived.

30 Million will buy a nice home. Hard to believe they couldn't wait a few more months if true. Which is why I have a hard time believing it. On the other hand, who doesn't want to get theirs, while the school rakes it in off you. Shouldn't hurt Bush at all, but does bring into question his ethics. Once you break a rule, it becomes easier to break another, and as a #1 pick, that's a big thing.

i dont see what the big deal is when hes gonna be totally good for it, and hes just trying to take care of his family, which it the man thing to do and i respect him even more for it

Everyone can break the law and take care of their family, but at who's expense. That's why we have rules. And why most people don't break them, because ultimately, it has an negative impact on more people than we realize. Like I said, I understand where he's coming from, and it seems rational, but it isn't as clear cut as one might think it is. Which is why the rule exists.

Now if you believe a rule is unjust, you try to get it changed, you don't break it. There will be consequences to pay if the story is as clear as it appears.

"...Yahoo! Sports approached Bush's mother about information linking the property to Michael Michaels, a man who is alleged to have tried to play a role in steering Bush toward an agent and who also has ties to a sports marketing company."

I mean really... his mother named him Michael Michaels??:sad2:

isnt that child abuse?

anywho they aint allowed to recieve any gratutities from outside sources like Sports agents, businesses i think etc.

Strange that this comes out now.

If you're a bank wouldn't you just loan him Bush the money contingent on some insurance policy - similar to what Leinart signed if he got hurt and/or fell out of the top so many picks of the draft?

Why would he need to tell his parents to move into this other guy's house?

This could get ugly. ESPN said they could lose thier 2 National Championships.....and if this is coming out now, more will come out soon, to include other players/

Bush didn't clear anything up today, but it was decent spin job regardless. Now we wait for the details. But I think he cooled off the talk relatively quickly before the draft.

Heisman trophy appears to be on the line as well. Ought to get interesting. It appears that Bush has more to lose than the school now. Which ain't much. But if USC gets hit it will be ugly. Former USC players seem to think Bush would have had to go on his own to screw this up, as the school preached to them every week about possible violations.

ammotroop said:
This could get ugly. ESPN said they could lose thier 2 National Championships.....and if this is coming out now, more will come out soon, to include other players/

No they wouldnt.

a) This took place during the 2005 season, so it only affects that season.

b) USC isnt likely to face any penalty in this situation, as long as they didnt know about it. It wasnt an institutional infraction, so they wouldnt be responsible for it. Again, this is all contigent on the investigation finding that they didnt know about it.

What very well might happen though is that if it is found that his family accepted improper benefits, he will be stripped of any school records he set. And that little trophy he picked up in December.

USC will come out clean, but come on. How do you not know that your Heisman canidate, top player in the country, #1 draft player on your team is living in a $750,000 home?

VolnTitan said:
USC will come out clean, but come on. How do you not know that your Heisman canidate, top player in the country, #1 draft player on your team is living in a $750,000 home?

Because he never lived there. His parents did.

Sorry, but Reggie and his folks aren't stupid. Suddenly you live in a 750,000 dollar house that you are "leasing"? Please. I can understand that he wouldn't come out and say he knew or anything, but he knew.

If you watch Blue Chips (shaq), I think the idea is that the coach doesn't want to know what is happening. It just happens. That way he can protect the school. So it wouldn't surprise me if the school really didn't know anything. Maybe one person does and it's the head coach. And he wouldn't know much, he would just know that he said something that started a chain reaction of events.

One interesting fallout could be Pete Carrol. His legacy could be completely obliterated. His pro coaching career yielded notta, so he goes to college, buys players, and then goes on to glory. It is a fascinating story in itself. But you gotta believe if it went down, he's the only person at USC who could make it happen, and probably the only one who would know about it. I'm not saying he executed the order though. It is entirely possible Bush did thins on his own, I'm just saying, if USC is involved, it will be up to Pete to confess, otherwise nothing will come to light. They've got cheating down to a science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back