Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Between now and draft day, goTitans.com will do an interview on the candidates most likely to be chosen by the Tennessee Titans with the third pick of the 2006 NFL Draft. The first in the series is with Suzanne Halliburton who covers the Texas Longhorns for the Austin American-Statesman. Halliburton has covered the Longhorns since 1997 and did her first article on Vince Young in December of 2001.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001362.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Responding to one of your posts gave me the idea. I really enjoy the perspective of someone who has seen a player over a longer period of time. You get a better idea of what you might expect a couple of years from now.

nigel said:
Great article Jeff. I love that seeing that kind of original content.
Thanks. Me too.

If I could squeeze a living out of doing this site, I would do this kind of stuff all the time.

I need a corporate sponsor with deep pockets. ;) But don't we all?

I'd love to see articles like that after the draft with the new guys we've picked up, maybe even some of the free agent rookies. I think it'd be a lot more interesting than just reading draft reports on them.

I like the article, however you have to account for a bit of "homerisme" and that will probably be the same with the other articles in the series.

Probably though I am sure these writers try their best to be unbiased.

Take the opinion comments with a grain-of-salt. But much of the questions about the offense appear to be backed by fact if anyone wanted to dig more into it.

I got an e-mail from Ms. Halliburton who came in here and saw the "homer" comment. She said she's been accused of being too critical of Young in the past and it far from being considered a Vince homer.

FWIW.

TitanJeff said:
I got an e-mail from Ms. Halliburton who came in here and saw the "homer" comment. She said she's been accused of being too critical of Young in the past and it far from being considered a Vince homer.

FWIW.

I like your FWIW, Jeff. I'm not out to put anyone down, but if I truly believed her to be a certifiable homer, would I trust her when she says she's not? ;)

And if she's being critical of VY, what do you call the people in here??

I re-read it and found 2-3 negatives about Young:
1) That he should have stayed another year in school
2) He should have competed at the combine
3) "He's been a complete quarterback for only one year" (see 1)

That's not being particular critical is it? Being critical would be to say "He tends to run before going through all his progressions", etc.

But Young also has shown an uncanny knack for pulling out victories, whether it's converting a fourth-and-18, scrambling for 80 yards or throwing a 45-yard ling wheel route.
This is what has captured my imagination about Vince Young...
Will this type of stuff translate into NFL success?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back