Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Thought of Powder as i posted. Think it doesn’t measure head to head, but glad ya brought it up!
I also liked phenomenon better, I just know Hollywood had a stretch where dueling companies made the same movie to get released close to the same time.
Armageddon and sudden impact were around the same time too.

I also liked phenomenon better, I just know Hollywood had a stretch where dueling companies made the same movie to get released close to the same time.
Armageddon and sudden impact were around the same time too.
Exactly! Bruce n Afleck won that score! Both decent entertainment. I normally cling to the male hero roles honestly, but watching Phenomenon brought that piece of simple and pure living front and center. Like to see more of that.

Saw a channel on YT that covers under rated horrors movies, tons of different ways to break it down like low budget, bad effects, etc.

My wife likes horror movies (mostly paranormal) but I try to find common ground.

Anyway, The Void. It was pretty good, suspenseful, although little confusing.
Don’t know that I’ve ever seen any of the actors either.
Really liked The Void. Reminiscent of classic 80’s John Carpenter movies. I especially loved the use of practical effects instead of CG.

My wife and I are huge horror movie fans. Seen thousands of them including hundreds of obscure gems.

For more, every time you see anyone at the podium in front of a GIANT US flag, they are in the hangar bay that I worked at. That flag was still hanging up until about 3 weeks before we closed the doors. In one scene, I believe you see the very end of the tail of aircraft 34. The number isn’t seen, but just the back edge of the rudders. Unmistakable from an F-18 (or 14)

Also, they used the VRC-30 Ready room but re-decorated as their “ready room” for the movie. I couldn’t see anything in those scenes to reflect the original decorations.

The beach bar, totally fake, doesn’t exist. Hollywood built a temporary structure for the movie and took it back down when they were done.
Very cool man. I worked in the film industry for decades and the only “military” scenes I really remember were for the shitty movie XXX 2 where we shot a large scene on the USS Hornet aircraft carrier in Alameda, CA. It was very cool working on the ship for a few weeks. I’ll never forget that on the deck we had two real fighter jets in the foreground and then dozens of giant lifesize photo cutouts of jets lined up behind them haha.

We also used the Alameda Naval base to film the highway action scene from Matrix 2. Built the whole freeway set on the old runways.

Very cool man. I worked in the film industry for decades and the only “military” scenes I really remember were for the shitty movie XXX 2 where we shot a large scene on the USS Hornet aircraft carrier in Alameda, CA. It was very cool working on the ship for a few weeks. I’ll never forget that on the deck we had two real fighter jets in the foreground and then dozens of giant lifesize photo cutouts of jets lined up behind them haha.

We also used the Alameda Naval base to film the highway action scene from Matrix 2. Built the whole freeway set on the old runways.
I’ll never understand how the teamwork between the military and Hollywood works, but hilarious cutouts were used since in many cases, when a squadron heads to the ship, there’s usually a lot of aircraft. 1 F-18 squadron is 10-12 aircraft.

I also had part of stealth recorded on the Carl Vinson. Since the aircraft was CGI, it was more about the background atmosphere.

So just ran into another movie I forgot about. It’s a Kostner film called the Guardian paying tribute to rescue swimmers. Good watch if ya ain’t seen it. Kushner plays the up and comer. Always respected everything Coast Guard.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back