Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

As far as retreads go - i can give a minds eye on some success. Hangover- endless bounds of retelling. 2 was good. 3 eh, but the angles. Road House i thought was pretty good. Entertaining at least. I would like to see Beverly Hills Cop make a return if well done.

This Beetlejuice film has my antennas up
I am furious that this never happened:

In 1990, Tim Burton hired Jonathan Gems to write a Beetlejuice sequel titled Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian. "The story followed the Deetz family moving to Hawaii, where Charles is developing a resort. They soon discover that his company is building on the burial ground of an ancient Hawaiian Kahuna. The spirit comes back from the afterlife to cause trouble, and Beetlejuice becomes a hero by winning a surf contest with magic. Michael Keaton and Winona Ryder agreed to do the film, on the condition that Burton directed, but both he and Keaton became distracted with Batman Returns.

Here’s the script lol

Going all the way back to childhood, my 'favorite' movies would be ET at 1, and probably The Neverending Story at 2. I already have tickets to see TNS for the Fathom Events show in two weeks and I'm super excited about it! In adulthood however, geez, so many. Almost anything the Coen Bros touch usually ends up highly ranked. Mad Max Fury Road was incredible. I also, like mentioned above, really enjoyed TG Maverick. LA Confidential is still HIGHLY RESPECTED in my house, going back to the 90s. Movies are my jam though; outside of sports I don't watch much TV and rarely ever any series, but I'll plop down $20 easy for a good movie theater experience. Just something I've loved since the early childhood.
Just watched maverick last night! Got the shirt, love the movie!

**Unpopular opinion incoming**
TG Maverick wasn’t all that good.
The first Top Gun was better and timing greatly increased a movie that would have been successful otherwise.
Not a movie I’ll catch myself watching at random on the TV like when I’m just searching channels at random and catch a good movie on.

To be clear, I thought it was alright, just not more.
I also have a little incentive as parts were recorded at my command.

The first Top Gun was better and timing greatly increased a movie that would have been successful otherwise.
Not a movie I’ll catch myself watching at random on the TV like when I’m just searching channels at random and catch a good movie on.

Dead to me for ten minutes!

Oh really? Do tell

Oh really? Do tell
If you look closely between the girl in the foreground and the guy on the left that are facing each other, you can see the nose of a different aircraft number 24.
That’s the nose of a mighty C-2A(R) of the VRC-30 Providers.
They specialize in logistics at sea for aircraft carriers. That was my squadron until decommission in Dec 2023, stationed at NAS North Island (Coronado in San Diego)
View attachment 243

For more, every time you see anyone at the podium in front of a GIANT US flag, they are in the hangar bay that I worked at. That flag was still hanging up until about 3 weeks before we closed the doors. In one scene, I believe you see the very end of the tail of aircraft 34. The number isn’t seen, but just the back edge of the rudders. Unmistakable from an F-18 (or 14)

Also, they used the VRC-30 Ready room but re-decorated as their “ready room” for the movie. I couldn’t see anything in those scenes to reflect the original decorations.

The beach bar, totally fake, doesn’t exist. Hollywood built a temporary structure for the movie and took it back down when they were done.

I didn’t work specifically at the E-2D squadron that was also shown flying in the movie, it was VAW-115, but the large majority of my career, I worked with E-2’s, VAWs 120/ 112/ 125/ 126/ VX 1. 4 on the east coast, 1 west coast.

This was from my last day at VRC-30. It’s the front of the hangar.

View attachment 245

Watched “The Descent” earlier tonight (3rd watch). Such a good and simple horror movie. Can’t believe it’s almost 20 years old.
Saw a channel on YT that covers under rated horrors movies, tons of different ways to break it down like low budget, bad effects, etc.

My wife likes horror movies (mostly paranormal) but I try to find common ground.

Anyway, The Void. It was pretty good, suspenseful, although little confusing.
Don’t know that I’ve ever seen any of the actors either.

Watching Phenomenon at the moment. Forgot how good it really is. Kind of a feel good flick. Totally lacking in wholesome content these days. Forgot Duval in this too.
Phenomenon is pretty good.
I remember it coming out like the exact same time as powder with one of the boondock saints having similar “powers”.

One of my favorite parts is when it finally clicks that he built the fence around the rabbit.

Latest posts

Back