Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I graded this draft an "A" ... Watched the draft with a friend (bears fan) 3 bottles of Slow and Low lots of cigars (Tatiana) and several Angus Ribeyes (grilled).
Can't say if I'm grading based on the experience or because Titans drafted well
(CB round 1 , Defensive Back round 3 and Defensive End / Outside Linebacker Round 4 were all players I wanted in this draft) peppered with some obvious Head scratchers makes it an "A" for me.

I gave it a solid B+. We generally drafted positions of need and got guys that were generally well liked by various sites (for whatever that's worth). The Georgia LB was the pick I liked the least. I really liked the picks of Farley, Radunz, Molden, and Weaver.

This draft has the potential to go either up or down. If Farley and Weaver get bitten by the injury bug again then we drop. If not, an A. I gave it a B based on the injury histories that come with some players.

I want to be a Homer and give us a good grade, but the Browns picked after us in most rounds and did this:

• Round 1: No. 26 – Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern
  • Round 2: No. 52 (from CHI through CAR ) – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
  • Round 3: No. 91 – Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn
  • Round 4: No. 110 – James Hudson, OT, Cincinnati
  • Round 4: No. 132 – Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State
  • Round 5: No. 153 (from DET) – Tony Fields II, LB, West Virginia
  • Round 5: No. 169 – Richard LeCounte, S, Georgia
  • Round 6: No. 211 – Demetric Felton, WR, UCLA
Looks pretty good to me for taking our rejects.

I want to be a Homer and give us a good grade, but the Browns picked after us in most rounds and did this:

• Round 2: No. 52 (from CHI through CAR ) – Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
I would rather have ours. After getting Naquan Jones as an UDFA, I’m changing my grade to A+

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the Browns altered our draft when they jumped in front of us to grab JOK at 52.

Would've never thought we would go ILB so early, but since we drafted Monty Rice with our 3rd pick, it was evident we were going for an ILB early. Since he was right there for the taking if the Browns didn't snatch him, I truly believe we would've drafted him at 53 instead of Radunz.

Had we drafted JOK, I think our draft is totally different.

I think the Browns altered our draft when they jumped in front of us to grab JOK at 52.

Would've never thought we would go ILB so early, but since we drafted Monty Rice with our 3rd pick, it was evident we were going for an ILB early. Since he was right there for the taking if the Browns didn't snatch him, I truly believe we would've drafted him at 53 instead of Radunz.

Had we drafted JOK, I think our draft is totally different.
Good point!

I am holding off grading due to the injuries. If all the players show up for camp healthy and ready to play.. B-. If there are health issues, then it starts dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back