Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So the league has tentatively set next years cap at $208M. What are the positives we can glean from this? More to spend in FA or re-sign some of our players?

This should mean that we have a pretty normal off-season. We should be able to re-sign most of our guys, sign all draft picks, and bring in 1 good impact free agent.

2022 NFL Free Agents Tracker

Landry is the big ticket we have to bring back.
I expect Ben Jones to be a priority.
Jayon and Evans may be gone.
The rest of the guys shouldn’t be expensive.

This should mean that we have a pretty normal off-season. We should be able to re-sign most of our guys, sign all draft picks, and bring in 1 good impact free agent.

I'm personally ready to move on from Jones, Saffold, and Lewan. I wouldn't bat an eye if they were gone.

I'm personally ready to move on from Jones, Saffold, and Lewan. I wouldn't bat an eye if they were gone.
And how would you replace them? I think this is one of those be careful what you wish for situations. Sure, Lewan and Saffold are overpaid for how they are playing, but I’m not sure how easily we could replicate what they have done and the chemistry the line has.

I think Jones is pretty good and I don’t want to rebuild the entire OL.
Saffold can go and so can Lewan but RT was also never set this year.

On the OL, I think Saffold is gone, and Ben Jones and Quessenberry are re-signed. Jones is the leader of this line and isn’t going anywhere. Quessenberry will compete with Radunz for RT. Brewer will take over at LG. Lewan is far better than anyone else we could bring in at LT. Lamm is still under contract and will remain the backup.
Lewan-Brewer-Jones-Davis-Radunz/Quessenberry

On the OL, I think Saffold is gone, and Ben Jones and Quessenberry are re-signed. Jones is the leader of this line and isn’t going anywhere. Quessenberry will compete with Radunz for RT. Brewer will take over at LG. Lewan is far better than anyone else we could bring in at LT. Lamm is still under contract and will remain the backup.
Plus a first round G.

Lamm will be cut. Don’t think Nate Davis is back either.

Cutting everyone on the OL is always the fans popular off-season move for some reason. It’s a dumb idea.

Landry will be franchised. At that position we gotta see a couple years of high level production before giving a big contract. Most of Landry’s sacks have been engineered too, he rarely flat out wins one on ones.

Lamm will be cut. Don’t think Nate Davis is back either.

Cutting everyone on the OL is always the fans popular off-season move for some reason. It’s a dumb idea.
Why would Davis be let go? He got multiple All Pro votes last year and has been struggling with injuries this year and is on a rookie deal.

Lamm should be cut if we draft an OT in the first and keep Lewan. Otherwise I think we keep him as a capable backup. But you could be right, he could be gone.

Why would Davis be let go? He got multiple All Pro votes last year and has been struggling with injuries this year and is on a rookie deal.

Lamm should be cut if we draft an OT in the first and keep Lewan. Otherwise I think we keep him as a capable backup. But you could be right, he could be gone.

Is he not a FA after this season?

Lamm can be replaced in FA. He’s not good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back