Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
As much as I think Vince is not the future of the Titans, I do wish him well tommorrow.

That said, the 49'er game is going to define how well Vince can play.

The 49'ers have held rushes to 3.8 yrds per carry.

11 members of their defense has had a sack.

They know how to bring the pressure and it will be a true test for Vince.

If he pulls it off and we win this game I might have some hope for the season, although I don't expect playoffs, I wouldn't mind skating by with 8-8 at this point.

If he pulls it off conVINCEingly, I might start to give him a little respect.

I honestly can't wait to see this game.

Define? no... A better idea of where he is, maybe. Let's let Vince start 6 or so games before starting to form a real conclusion..

No, one game doesn't define a player but for VY there is a huge amount at stake. If he plays well he takes one more step towards proving he can maybe be the guy.

But if he totally goes into a funk, throws ints and makes dumb plays and is a big reason the Titans lose he will have a real tough time winning fans over to him. Not to mention it could shoot another hole into his confidence and suddenly we end up back to square one.

IMO it isn't imperative VY plays lights out in all these games but it is imperative he doesn't become the reason we lose. So yes the game could define VY if he blows it IMO. Or maybe another way to put it, VY could solidify how he has been defined already.

1 game doesn't define a player.

not true

I don't agree with Arcane that this game will define Vince. But I do think in some cases 1 game can define a player...That game will never be a week 9 game between a 1-6 team and a 3-4 team though...

Most of the games ive seen Vy play came down to the wire.... i look for this to be another 4th q nail biter with TN having a shot to win. they will have to have a mistake free last minute drive to win imo.

We know whats coming 2INTs in the first half.And then his gonna make a few 3rd downs giving us a chance to win at the end.

Don't begin a premise with incomplete facts.

49ers are 20th in total defense and 12th in scoring defense.

They are great against the run, 2nd but 28th against the pass.

Statistically an average defense and basically an average team. 3-4 is average right?

So how is one performance against an average team and an average defense "define" our QB?

It does not.

VY needs to just have fun today. if winning is in his head he will try to hard and make mistakes. he just needs to relax and improve his personal game and not try to win every game. He is playing for his job not the playoffs. As long as he isnt the reason we lose its a good thing for his future.

Maybe one game can define a player if it's in the playoffs or the SB but not at this point. I think what you'll find is that if he plays well, most will say they have to see the other eight games before they can determine that. If he plays bad, well you'll hear less and less of people needing to wait. There will be plenty of people ready to define Vince if he plays bad in this game.

Collins was allowed to lose 6 games, cut VY some slack if he loses today so what? at least he hasnt played in a year, collins played all last season and still sucked the first of this season. VY just needs to be a game manager that will run when the field opens up.

For me it won't define is career, but that doesn't mean is not an important game. He needs a good string a playing well to build his confidence and give the franchise a better understanding of his progress. But for some (like Climer) a bad game would be bigger than a good one. For the detractors a good game by Vince is half step ahead and a bad game is two steps back.

I'm not a VY fan but I don't think this game will define him one way or another. Lets talk at the end of the season before we make a decision.

Just about everyone is saying that one game cannot define a career and i agree with that but where did the poster get the idea that the 49ers are so good?

2 of their 3 wins are against the rams and seahawks. The falcons smoked them by 35 and the texans beat them.

Just about everyone is saying that one game cannot define a career and i agree with that but where did the poster get the idea that the 49ers are so good?

2 of their 3 wins are against the rams and seahawks. The falcons smoked them by 35 and the texans beat them.

Well, that doesn't say a whole lot for the win we squeaked out today, does it? On the bright side, we were able to take advantage of their mistakes. So I'll take and go on.

First of all, I never said, "Define his Career". I should have been more clear I suppose. I meant it will define how well he is going to come back and play for us this year.

The stats I posted in the OP about the 49'ers show they are a pretty damn good defensive team, so him doing well proved to me that he may have learned a few things while riding the pine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back