Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahmad Brooks is 1st rnd talent with a 7th rnd mind/baggage. He certainly would fit a need for us. I'd be willing to use a 3rd on him. At worst he is a ST stud for several yrs which is more than Gardner has been, at best we score the next Ray Lewis.

If we were to trade down in the 1st and acquire an extra 1st day pick in 2007 then I might be willing to spend our 2nd on him if he is really impressive in his workouts, interviews, and checks out medically

I think it's too late for him to declare in this draft. He would have to enter the supplemental I think, which is fairly likely.

Titans2004 said:
Ahmad Brooks is 1st rnd talent with a 7th rnd mind/baggage...at best we score the next Ray Lewis.

I think the first part is right, but it's a little quick to call a guy who just got kicked off his college team the next Ray Lewis.

First round prospects don't get kicked off of teams for no reason. This sounds like the type of player we could do without. If he goes in the supplemental draft, though, he will basically be free so we might as well let him come in and we can always cut him later.

Titans2008 said:
First round prospects don't get kicked off of teams for no reason. This sounds like the type of player we could do without. If he goes in the supplemental draft, though, he will basically be free so we might as well let him come in and we can always cut him later.

Basically free ? Whatever pick they anty up (second or third rounder) the Titans would forfiet in the '07 draft. I'd hardly call that free.

danny said:
Basically free ? Whatever pick they anty up (second or third rounder) the Titans would forfiet in the '07 draft. I'd hardly call that free.
For a top 10 prospect, its cheap. I wouldnt be opposed to bringing Ahmad Brooks in via the supplemental draft, at the right pick

maximus said:
For a top 10 prospect, its cheap. I wouldnt be opposed to bringing Ahmad Brooks in via the supplemental draft, at the right pick

Yeah, you, me, the Titans and 31 other teams. Someone will take a chance on him before our turn in Round 3 of the Supplemental Draft. He can't have many more problems than Pacman and we took him 6th overall...the fact that we pick third in the supplemental draft too might help us if he's there at the top of Round 3. This might all be a moot point if we take a LB like Hodge or Jackson in Round 2 on April 29th.

its not for sure where we pick in the supplemenary draft, its a lottery to show where we pick, we could have the 1st could have the 20th, they did so teams won't do secret deals with juinors just to get them, I would spend a 3rd on him, I mean the dude is a Top 5 talent, could you imagine:

LOLB David Thorton
MLB Ahmad Brooks
ROLB Keith Bulluck

thats one of the best in 1 or 2 years, and has domination written all over it.

Gunny said:
You give up the pick for next years draft.

Meaning we pick him up in the 3rd round of the Supp, and give up the 3rd in '07...

Which I'm NOT in favor of doing. There's a lot of value to be had in the 3rd (and we haven't had a ton of luck giving that up *ahem* TH)

I maintain that Travis Henry was worth a 3rd so long as he doesn't get caught for substance abuse again. Ahmed Brooks is a first-round talent at a position of need. I'm not really sure about him since I don't ever remember seeing him play, but it sounds worth a gamble. I guess it depends on what he did to get kicked off the team.

titansfan9 said:
its not for sure where we pick in the supplemenary draft, its a lottery to show where we pick, we could have the 1st could have the 20th

I'm pretty sure the supplemental draft was changed to just follow the draft order.

We could use a third on him. We've used thirds to poor effect before (and I won't include Henry) -- such as Shad Meier.

I'd think about Kai Parham if he lasted until day two. Though with that awful 40 time, you know he'd have to run all summer long. Five-point-oh for a linebacker is ridiculous.

You know what could happen -- remember Ernest Shazor? SS/LB from U of Michigan last year, projected to be late first/early 2nd? He went undrafted, Cards got him as UDFA, and what, he didn't even stick, did he?

We could gamble a third on Brooks. But you know teams like the Raiders, Ravens and some others will bank a second to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back